VACANCY ANN #: STOI-21-138
TITLE: TRIBAL PROJECT APPRENTICE
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES – NYCP GRANT
SUPERVISOR: NATIVE YOUTH COMMUNITY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: FULL TIME-REGULAR, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $15.75/PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: APRIL 8, 2021
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 22, 2021
This person will work with the Spokane Tribal History teacher to learn how to develop, and deliver curriculum, and how to support students in cultural activities. This person will also work with the Salish teacher on learning and teaching the Salish language to students. This person will also learn how to document the delivery of programming under the grant objectives by helping to video, take pictures, and document activities under the guidance of other knowledge holders in these areas.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Learn the Spokane Language /Culture in the Oral and written form
• Working with students K to 12TH Grade
• Assist in Curriculum Development
• Work with documentary contractor on tribal history documentary filming
• Work with contractor on documentation of NYCP Programming taking place with students, to include, photography, note taking, videography, and cultural events
• Provide assistance to the NYCP Director and tribal partners with clerical preparation for programming and assistance on youth culture and leadership camps
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Willingness to learn how to plan and organize a daily routine
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to follow instruction from another individual.
• Good communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills that can be built upon throughout the internship.
• Work well with others in multiple age groups
• Work well in group settings with other individuals.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have good interpersonal skills, will work respectfully with teachers, students,
elders and other culturally knowledgeable people and students.
• Must be able to pass required federal and tribal background checks
• Must be willing to attend trainings that are identified as important to the position
• Safety Sensitive position, subject to random drug testing.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Applications can also be downloaded from our website:
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 pm on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves the Right to Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe Are Subject To a 90-Day Orientation Period