VACANCY ANN# STOI-21-150
POSITION: TIMBER SALES TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: DNR – FORESTRY
SUPERVISOR: TIMBER SALES MANAGER
STATUS: FULL-TIME, WITH POSSIBLE LAY-OFF UP TO 3 MONTHS
SALARY LEVEL: $14.26 – $19.45/PER HOUR (DOE,DOQ)
OPENING DATE: APRIL 19, 2021
CLOSING DATE: MAY 3, 2021
Incumbent is a Forestry Technician, in the Timber Sales Program under the direct supervision of the Timber Sales Manager. This position is tiered of 3 technician levels based on experience and/or training. Level 1 tailors towards a trainee Forestry Technician, whereas Level 3 is a fully qualified Forestry Technician.
Instructions are specific in all situations. Incumbent must work well with others and communicate with other departments and logging contractors; some computer knowledge is needed for reports and other documentation; works closely with supervisor; must complete production scaling training for waste and production level scaling.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As forestry technician for Timber Sales, incumbent ensures that contracts and permits provisions are complied with and landowner’s property is protected from damages related to harvesting operations.
• Acts as Timber Sale Officer on timber sales. Understands contract requirements, monitors the purchaser’s representative, inspects various contract operations, and recommends solutions related to on-the-ground problems.
• Carries out various phases of contract administration including keeping supervisor informed of operations and calling unsafe conditions to the attention of supervisor and contract representative and when necessary, terminating applicable operations near unsafe or hazardous equipment or practices.
• Completes timber cruising efforts for land and timber sales.
• Lays out skid trails, landings and logging spur roads.
• Measures “waste” in the field.
• Performs scaling operations during high levels of production.
• When needed during periods of low logging activity or in coordination with active timber sale duties, incumbent will perform seeding treatments on various project areas.
• Drives a Tribal vehicle during the course of business.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
In addition to level 1:
• 2 years’ experience as a Forestry Technician
• Training and experience in map reading, corner and property line location
• Contract administration
• Training and experience in PC use: word processing, spreadsheets
• GPS Training
• Utilization Scaling Training
• Effective Writing Skills
• Forest Harvest System Training
• Applies seeding treatments
• Production scaling training
In addition to level 2: Minimum 4 years Forestry experience
• GIS Training
• Advanced GPS Training
• Supervisor Training
• NEPA Training
• Advanced Harvest System Training
• Road Engineering Training
• Marking Certification
• Production Scaler Certification
• Valid State Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
• Must successfully pass a criminal background inquiry.
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or At www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than 4:30 pm The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period