VACANCY ANN#: STOI-21-129
POSITION: TERO COMPLIANCE OFFICER
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
SUPERVISOR: TERO DIRECTOR
SALARY LEVEL: $20.00 – $24.94/PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: MARCH 23, 2021
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 1, 2021
The TERO Compliance officer will assist the TERO department in monitoring and enforcing the Spokane Tribe of Indians Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance. The office provides a point of contact for all development activities occurring on the Spokane Indian Reservation and surrounding service areas. Daily onsite inspections are made to insure the contractors are in compliance with the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide as a liaison between employees, federal agencies, unions, contractors and employment related offices to ensure Indian preference goals and objectives are met and maintained according to the TERO Ordinance, federal, state and local laws.
• Develop TERO Compliance Plans for Employers and Contractors.
• Works with Contractors on the collection of TERO fees.
• On Site reviews for compliance and verify employee/employer Compliance; to include night shift on site reviews.
• Work with Unions and assist Tribal Apprentices in Employment with the Unions.
• Assist covered employers and contractors in compliance with the TERO Ordinance, including but not limited to presentations and training.
• Assist the TERO Director in identifying and developing training, organized labor and other employment opportunities for TERO clients.
• Enforcement of Fireworks Policy, conduct pre-sales meeting with Vendors to ensure compliance.
• Assist and participate in Job Fairs.
• Work with Training Providers to schedule yearly Hazwoper/Flagger/Fork Lift and other certified training programs as needed.
• Assist in maintaining a job skills bank with up to date individual/client files, ready for immediate referral and employment, and an active sign in register.
• Work in conjunction with all career development programs to train educate and otherwise prepare Indian individuals for existing and potential jobs on and off the reservations.
• Supervise and provide guidance to the Office Manager and Administrative Assistant at 50% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Ability to perform the duties of the position under general supervision.
• Be knowledgeable of safety procedures in the construction and maintenance fields.
• Requires the ability to understand and implement Federal Regulations.
• Requires ability to use a personal computer for data entry, work processing and spreadsheets.
• Requires the ability to operate standard office machines.
• Requires the ability to maintain record files and prepare reports.
• Requires the ability to establish an effective working relationship and communication with population served, general public, policy makers, colleagues, and government representatives and convey a positive image for the Spokane Tribe.
• Requires the ability to work with strict confidentiality.
• Requires the ability to understand verbal and written instruction, reports, and computer information.
• Requires the ability to communicate objectives and guideline of program for prospective clients.
• Requires the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
• Requires the ability to interact with people.
• Requires the ability to work under stressful situations and handle conflicts, complaints and other problems in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
• Must be self- motivated and be knowledgeable and experienced working with contractors from several different backgrounds.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate TERO laws and policies and procedures effectively.
• Must have experience in report writing and contract compliance responsibilities;
• Ability to network with employing agencies, unions, etc;
• Computer skills and experience with Word and Excel;
• AA Degree/AAS Degree
• WA state driver’s license and be Tribally insurable.
• Previous experience in employment supervision, hiring procedures, employment rights and benefits negotiation procedures, handling discrimination complaints, knowledge of unions, education and training programs preferred.
**RESUME’, COVER LETTER AND COMPLETE STOI APPLICATION REQUIRED**
Applications Are Available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6529, Fax (509) 458-6556
All Applications Must Be Received in the HR Department No Later
Than 4:30pm on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation