VACANCY ANN#: STOI-23-035
TITLE: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUPERVISOR: IT DIRECTOR
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $34.00 – $40.00 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: APRIL 28, 2023
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Spokane Tribe of Indians is a great place to work! We offer competitive Benefits, matched 401K, &
incentives that include generous paid time off! Twenty-two paid holiday/wellness days off per year, plus
bi-weekly Personal Time Off (PTO) accrual and cash-out ability!
The Systems Administrator will assist the IT Department team in the installation,
maintenance, and management of the information technology software, hardware and
computer networks for the Spokane Tribes various departments.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and related services.
• Administer and maintain Windows Server operating systems in a virtualized environment and
integrate automation processes.
• Administer and maintain user services such as VOIP, desktop provisioning, and file backups.
• Administer alerting/monitoring systems and respond to alerts.
• Work to specify, implement, and validate service changes to deliver stakeholder value.
• Provide support to the IT Service Desk for escalated issues. Troubleshoot issues as assigned.
• Maintain good working relationships with our Software Development, Site Reliability
Engineering, Service Desk, and Information Security partners in order to ensure system fidelity.
• Exemplify IT Service Management practices.
• Contribute to an internal knowledge base by creating thorough documentation for services etc.
• Be a strong team player who welcomes collaboration and accountability.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and
resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new
or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data
protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
• Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations,
and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
• Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
• Providing technical support when requested.
• Ability to train both IT support analysts and End users on different IT solutions, awareness
training and troubleshooting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT Service Management practices such as ITIL or Agile.
• Manage and/or participate on projects that will improve processes and build efficiencies for IT.
• Implement new solutions that will help increase reliability of the IT environment.
• Work with Global IT on new projects, studies, documentation, and solutions to help align our
goals as an organization.
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to support and train pc users in basic
• Must have Customer Service skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, System
Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
• Must be certified in CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Cisco CCNA, or similar
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields is
• At least 2 years’ experience in database, network, or system administration
• Must have a valid drivers’ license and a good driving record for insurance purposes
APPLY ONLINE: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/193?source=aWQ9MTg%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
509-458-6583 or 458-6527 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department
no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day orientation period