SUMMER YOUTH CREW BOSSES – WELLPINIT
VACANCY ANN. #: STOI-23-046
TITLE: WELLPINIT SITE SY CREW BOSS (6 POSITIONS)
SUPERVISOR: CAREER DEVELOPMENT SPECIALISTS
DEPARTMENT: 477/TANF EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: FULL-TIME, TEMPORARY
RATE OF PAY: $18.50 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: MAY 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 2, 2023
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Summer Youth Crew Boss will be involved in planning and implementing summer youth employment activities. Will work directly with summer youth employment participants by providing supervision, teaching good work ethics, fostering valuable work experiences and practices.
The Summer Youth Crew Boss position will work June through August.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Supervises groups of youth daily and works along with crews during activities/projects assigned.
- Track employee hours to ensure accurate and complete youth workers timesheets bi-weekly according to STOI payroll.
- Monitor and track mileage used on vehicles and submit logs weekly into 477 Dept.
- Transports self and Youth crew to and from work locations via assigned vehicles; operates and maintains assigned vehicle (12-15 passenger vans);
- Educates youth in maintaining, cleaning, and utilizing all equipment.
- Educates youth in proper safety procedures and guidelines for assigned tasks.
- Responsible to report, document and follow supervisor’s recommendations when damage and/or incidents occur on the job within 24 hrs.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supply and material inventories; Ensures that items are stored securely and accounted for.
- Keeps a daily log identifying completed projects.
- Assists with all forms of office work as needed to include but not limited to application processing, mailing notifications, etc.
- Will be a role model for youth entering the work force. Must be responsible and of good moral character.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Experience in the field of maintenance, carpentry or repair preferred.
- Previous experience monitoring/supervising youth or supervising others preferred.
- Prefer applicants to maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle while employed and working with youth.
- First Aid and CPR Certification Required (training will be provided to applicants selected).
- Applicants with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) will be given preference.
- Valid State Driver’s license, good driving record, Tribally Insurable
- Must be 21 years or older for insurance purposes, proof required.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, work in inclement weather, lift up to 50 lbs. and meet the physical requirements outlined in the job description.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
*Section 101.630: This position will have regular contact with and/or control over children as part of their job duties.
MUST APPLY ON-LINE: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/204?source=aWQ9MTg%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
Phone # (509)458-6583, (509) 458-6527
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Hiring Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions Considered Safety Sensitive Will Also Test for Marijuana
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period