VACANCY ANN. #: STOI-21-148
TITLE: SUMMER CREW BOSS, SPOKANE SITE (UP TO 3 POSITIONS)
DEPARTMENT: 477/TANF EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING
LOCATION: SPOKANE, WA
SUPERVISOR: LEAD CREW BOSS
STATUS: TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME
RATE OF PAY: $17.00 PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: APRIL 15, 2021
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Under general supervision, will train and supervise a team of summer youth employees in good work ethics, valuable work experiences, and practices. Ensures that daily activities/projects are completed. Maintains adequate supplies and materials inventory, keeps a daily log identifying completed projects. Keeps accurate time and attendance records of all workers. This position requires excellent attendance and willingness and commitment to serve as a role model to the youth. May transport crew or supplies to and from work locations via assigned vehicles. The Lead Supervisor will reasonably assign other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in planning activities for Summer Youth employees for duration of employment;
• Assist in purchasing supplies and packet/kit assembly;
• Provides education instruction in person or by video as needed;
• Conducts weekly home visits to monitor youth progress on activities/projects assigned;
• Track youth workers hours by keeping logs to ensure accuracy;
• Complete timesheets bi-weekly according to approved payroll schedules;
• Monitor and track mileage used on vehicles and submit logs weekly into 477 Dept;
• Transports self and Youth to and from work locations via assigned vehicles; operates and maintains assigned vehicle (12 passenger van);
• Trains youth in maintaining, cleaning and utilizing equipment if needed;
• Trains youth in proper safety procedures and guidelines for assigned tasks;
• Responsible for any damages that may occur to leased or rented vehicles;
• Required to report, document and follow supervisor’s recommendations, when damages and/or incidents occur on the job within 24hrs;
• Assist in maintaining adequate supplies and materials inventory;
• Keeps a daily log identifying completed projects;
• Assist with all forms of office work as needed to include but not limited to application processing, mailing notifications, etc…
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• 2-4 years’ experience monitoring/supervising youth or supervising others.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older, proof required with application.
• Must have valid Washington State Driver’s License good driving record and be tribally insurable
• Must be able to stand for extended lengths of time and work in all weather conditions
• Supervisors must be able to work along with crews during activities
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
• First Aid and CPR Certification Required (will be provided to selected applicants if available)
• Driver’s Safety Course Required (will be provided to selected applicants if available)
• At least two (2) years of related maintenance, carpentry or repair experience preferred.
• Prefer applicants maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle while working with youth.
• Applicants with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) will be given preference.
Position requires employee to be in the public and around others during the COVID pandemic. Must maintain safety measures as determined by tribal and state governments.
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Ph# (509) 458-6574 or (509) 458-6527, Fax# (509) 458-6556
Or, can be downloaded online at: (www.spokanetribe.com)
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test