VACANCY ANN#: STOI-22-109
POSITION: SUICIDE PREVENTION COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
SUPERVISOR: PREVENTION SUPERVISOR
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME
SALARY LEVEL: $20.00 – $22.00 / PER HOUR, DOE/DOQ
OPENING DATE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2022
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
The Suicide Prevention Coordinator will work with Spokane Tribal Community and neighboring partners by providing education and information on suicide prevention and other topics as needed, as well as planning and assisting in suicide prevention activities to increase protective factors and decrease risk factors related to suicide within the community and surrounding area.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All aspects of scheduling monthly Suicide Response Team meetings.
- All aspects of scheduling trainings.
- Event planning and execution.
- Liaise with Tribal Departments and external partners as required.
- Manage gatekeeper and lethality assessment training and the suicide prevention program for target groups designated in the grant.
- Develop and disseminate regional mental health resource directories, wallet cards, posters and other materials to promote access to mental health services
- Other duties as assigned by Project Director
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Suicide Prevention Coordinator reports directly to the Project Director who also serves as Behavioral Health Director. The Suicide Prevention Coordinator has overarching responsibility for coordinating meetings and activities related to suicide prevention. This includes all Suicide Response Team meetings as well as events and other activities as assigned, including the coordination of trainings around Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) Gatekeeper Trainings, SafeTALK and data collection and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- High degree of dependability.
- Respect confidentiality and adhere to all privacy regulations.
- Knowledge of Spokane Tribe and Stevens County social services and other community resources.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outcome focused with the ability to manage competing demands.
- Associates degree required. A High School Diploma or GED, AND equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office setting
- Demonstrated experience within a customer service environment.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to qualify for Spokane Tribe’s vehicle insurance.
- Ability to pass a Level 3 background check.
- TB test, and Hepatitis A & B vaccinations required.
- Background in health care, social work, mental health, disability care, substance abuse recovery, geriatric care, and long-term care preferred.
Must apply on-line for consideration;
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458- 6527, FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department No Later Than 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves the Right to Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To a Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe are subject to a 90-Day Orientation Period