Full resolution to be provided soon. This article highlights the main details.
Spokane Tribe of Indians
P.O. Box 100 ●Wellpinit, WA 99040 ● (509) 458-6500
STOI ENACTS PHASE 1 RESTRICTIONS
– Face Masks are Required. All individuals, including non-Residents, must wear a Face Mask that covers their nose and mouth any time they leave their Home.
– Playgrounds are Closed. All playgrounds, parks, and sports facilities are closed.
– New Fishing and Hunting Restrictions. All on-Reservation fishing and hunting is limited to enrolled Tribal Members only. Spouse and Descendant hunting is suspended.
– Recreational Areas Closed. All Recreational Areas, including but not limited to all campgrounds and the Two Rivers RV Park, are closed to all individuals.
– Pow-Wow Grounds Closed. The Pow-Wow grounds are closed to all individuals except those who are in isolation or quarantine.
– Stay at Home Order is in Effect. All Reservation residents are directed to remain in their homes unless obtaining necessary supplies or are providing essential services.
– Social Gathering Limitations. All indoor social gatherings will non-household members are prohibited. Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 5 non-household members.
– Non-Essential Travel is Restricted. Do not travel to Idaho, anywhere 75 miles or father the Reservation, or any COVID-19 hotspots. Employees may be required to quarantine.
– Religious or Cultural Ceremonies are Limited to 30 Family Members. No meals or receptions for wakes, funerals, or weddings. Attendance records required.
– Partial Shut Down of Governmental Services. Tribal facilities are closed to the public. All in-person services are by appointment only and are limited to essential services.
– Moccasin Express Operations are Suspended. Transportation for paratransit and medical appointments remains available, but all other routes are suspended.
– Gyms are Directed to Close. This includes the Boys & Girls Club and Wellpinit School District to the maximum extent possible.
– Senior Centers are Closed for In-Person Services. Meals will be delivered.
– Youth Programs Must End All After School Activities and All Organized Youth Sports. Youth Programs must follow CDC and DOH guidelines.
– Educational Facilities Must End All After School Activities. Educational Facilities must follow CDC and DOH guidelines.
– Tribal Casinos Shall Follow Internal Policies.
– Spokane Tribal Enterprises Shall Follow Internal Policies.
– Tribal Governmental Shall Follow Internal Policies.
– Violators May be Subject to Penalties. Possible fines of up to $500.00 and jail up to 90 days. Non-Spokane Tribal Members may be excluded from the Reservation.
– Effective as of November 17, 2020. Restrictions in effect until further notice.