TITLE: SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT
DEPARTMENT ; 477-YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
STATUS: TEMPORARY 40 HOURS A WEEK
RATE OF PAY: TBD
OPENING DATE: APRIL 13th, 2021
CLOSING DATE: MAY 31st, 2021
The Spokane Tribe of Indians is now accepting applications for the 2021 Summer Youth Employment Program. For youth ranging between the ages of 14 to 19 years of age by the first day of employment and attending an educational program.
5 Week Session ONLY: July 12th – August 13th, 2021 (200 hrs.)
Eligibility for Employment & Indian Preference:
• Applicants must be a member of a Federally recognized Tribe or a 1st line Descent of a Federally Recognized Tribe (excluding Kalispel Tribal Members due to funding restrictions)
• Applicants who are enrolled members of the Colville Tribe and reside within Stevens and Lincoln Counties must be a first-line descendant of another federally recognized tribe (excluding Kalispel) to be eligible for employment
• Applicants must reside in the 477/TANF service area.
• 19 year old applicants must be enrolled/attending an approved educational program
• Must have made satisfactory progress for school year 2020 – 2021
• ALL Applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
• Indian Preference as follows: 1.) TANF client 2.) Spokane Tribal Member 3.) l51 line descendent of a Spokane Tribal Member 4.) Member of other Federally Recognized Tribe 5.) 1st line descendent of another Tribe
• All 14 year olds and first year participants will be assigned to the Youth – Empowerment – Success (Y.E.S) team
Please use the attached check list to ensure all required documents are attached to application.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE PICKED UP AND DROPPED OFF AT THE WELLPINIT & SPOKANE SITES
Spokane Site Wellpinit Site
232 E. Lyons Ave Spokane, WA 99208 PO Box 358 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Fax 509-533-0699 Ph. 509-533-1360 Fax 509-458-8017 Ph. 509-458-8000
For More Information Contact the above Office Numbers