Job Announcement # 22-SIHA-010
Title: Maintenance Mechanic I
Status: Full-time Temporary
Compensation: $18.00-19.23/Hour DOE/DOQ
Opening Date: 3/17/2022
Closing Date: 3/30/2022
Overview: The Spokane Indian Housing Authority (SIHA) assists eligible applicants to find affordable housing on Indian reservations and Indian areas. Our goal is to create safe, prosperous communities for Native families by expanding homeownership and affordable housing opportunities, create jobs and economic development opportunities, and enforce fair housing opportunities.
Performs basic maintenance repair tasks on buildings, rental units, grounds and equipment and is required to demonstrate basic knowledge of heating, plumbing and electricity and carpentry.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair tasks to heating and boiler systems, such as draining expansion tanks, cleaning burners, checking water levels, sealing pipe joints, replacing valves, regulators, motors, and belts to ensure safe and economical
- Performs minor plumbing tasks such as changing or replacing faucet washers, stems, seats, and repairs toilets by changing tank bulbs, overflow tubes, and guide
- Performs basic electrical tasks such as resetting circuit breakers, changing plate covers on switches and outlets, replacing light bulbs, gloves, and
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs to buildings, furniture, and
- Performs pest-control tasks by operating a chemical fogging machine to control insects and rodents in rental units and
- Cleans vacant rental units by washing walls, ceilings, windows, floors, cupboards, lavatories and by steaming cleaning
- Performs floor tile installation by removing the old tile, scraping down the floor surface to remove old cement, applying cement or glue to the floor surface and then laying the tile
- Performs minor building and grounds maintenance and repairs through the use of such tools and equipment as common hand tools, glass cutters, wrenches, pipe cutters, drain augers, shovels, rakes, lawnmowers, snow blowers, caulking guns, trowels,
- Clears snow and ice from buildings and grounds by shoveling, operating a snow plow, snow blower, etc., to ensure tenant
- Assists in moving heavy objects such as refrigerators, stoves,
- Performs maintenance of grounds by cleaning up debris, mowing lawns, raking grass and leaves, trimming shrubs and trees,
- Performs necessary duties, in absence of subordinate
- Performs other duties, as
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and one (1) year of relevant work
- Valid Washington driver’s license with the ability to meet SIHA’s liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
- Completion of Craft, Trade or Vocational School in area(s) related to position
- Spokane Indian Housing Authority Employment
- Resume with applicable
- Three (3) professional references (employers or supervisors you have worked for).
- All selected applicants will be required to interview for this
- Preference to in-house.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with acceptable driving record
TO APPLY CONTACT:
Applications Are Available at the Spokane Indian Housing Authority
P.O. Box 195, Wellpinit, WA 99040 Contact: Marshall Wynne
Phone # (509) 818-1467
Applications must be received by Spokane Indian Housing Authority no later than 4:00PM on the closing date.
The Spokane Indian Housing Authority (SIHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SIHA reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference. SIHA applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test and those hired are subject to a 90-Day orientation period.