VACANCY ANN. #: STOI-21-140
TITLE: RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT COOK/DELIVERY DRIVER
DEPARTMENT: HHS/SENIOR SERVICES PROGRAM
SUPERVISOR: SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
RATE OF PAY: $13.74 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: APRIL 23, 2021
CLOSING DATE: MAY 7, 2021
The Senior Services – Elderly Meal program prepares and serves meals to elders fifty-five (55) years of age and older who reside within the boundaries of the Spokane Indian Reservation. The Wellpinit Senior Center serves the eastern side of the Spokane Indian Reservation including; Wellpinit, Ford, Little Falls, and West End area. Meals are delivered Tuesdays through Fridays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Confidentiality must be adhered to at all times;
• Answer and route telephone calls promptly and professionally;
• Greet, direct, and inform in a professional manner those visitors who contact or utilize the Senior Program services or center;
• Provide clerical support to Senior Program staff at all levels of organization;
• Identify and handle stressful situations and be sensitive to customer’s issues and concerns;
• Practice proper telephone techniques to ensure the customer’s needs are met; accurate and legible messages are taken and delivered timely;
• Out-going mail will be stamped and ready for pick-up in a timely fashion; in-coming mail will be stamped and distributed to staff mailboxes daily;
• Assist staff with telephone inquiries, correspondence, collateral contacts and interviews; meet with clientele individually on a as needed basis to assist with required paperwork or inter-agency referrals;
• Assist cook in preparing nutritious and well-balanced meals;
• Assist in packaging meals for delivery;
• Assist in delivering meals to elders on home delivery list;
• Assist with grocery shopping for senior meals;
• Assist with maintaining an inventory of supplies of food, meal preparation materials, packaging materials and cleaning supplies;
• Assist in preparing dining area for congregate meals and activities;
• Performs other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic office procedures and practices;
• Skill in utilizing multi-line phone system, fax machine and copier;
• Ability to maintain punctuality for time and attendance purposes;
• Knowledge of culture and traditions of Native Americans;
• Ability to work cooperatively with members of the public and with co-workers;
• Ability to practice tact, courtesy and discretion;
• Ability to convey interest and concern to callers requesting information or assistance;
• Skill in utilizing different computer software and networking;
• Skill in submitting reports and written communication in a timely fashion;
• Establishing a positive channel of communication among co-workers, Tribal staff, public and private involved in serving the customers.
• Must obtain first-aid, CPR and food handler’s card upon hire.
• Ability to prioritize workload accordingly and perform work related duties on a timely basis.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record for insurance purposes.
• Must have previous experience working with Native American clientele and understand the cultural needs.
• Successful clearance of Federal background check is required.
Applications Are Available in the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Applications can also be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Ph# (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions with The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period