VACANCY ANN #: STOI-23-049
TITLE: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
SUPERVISOR: IT DIRECTOR
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $30.00 – $40.00 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: MAY 25, 2023
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 5, 2023
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Network Administrator to join our team. The Network Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and optimization of our organization’s network infrastructure. The successful candidate will work closely with other IT professionals and reporting to the IT Director to ensure the stability and reliability of our network, as well as provide technical support to end-users.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the Local Area Networks, Global Wide Area Network transporting data and packetized voice streams (VOIP), enterprise-wide inter-network and other data communication systems.
- Responsible for network administration, maintenance and standards creation and implementation.
- Lead in the evaluation and selection of LAN topologies and LAN operating systems.
- Lead strategic network planning implementation and special studies to enhance network performance and security.
- Technical support for STOI personnel and customers with hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Maintains quality service by following organizational standards.
- Manage disaster recovery and back-up.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Completing software and hardware installation projects for STOI personnel and customers.
- Document network configurations, policies and procedures.
- Consult with department heads to determine the role of the IT system in an organization.
- Research emerging technologies to evaluate whether they can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor and maintain the performance and availability of our network systems and devices.
- Design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software.
- Run and terminate data transmission lines for network and endpoint expansion.
- Maintain current computers, servers, and network infrastructure.
- Train the system’s end users and write instruction manuals.
- Monitor and respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support for local and remote users.
- Maintain relationships with employees of various departments to ensure open lines of communications exist to facilitate the timely and efficient transfer of policies, procedures, knowledge, etc. exist across the entire organization.
- Management, installation, configuration, upgrade, audit, monitoring, and troubleshooting of enterprise network and security infrastructure, such as but not limited to Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Network (WLAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), VPN, Firewalls, Access Points, Wireless Controllers, VoIP, Unified communications, Voice gateway, and other security applications (SOC), to meet company’s objectives and industry best practices.
- Implement and monitor security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Analyze and resolve problems to maintain stability within the overall infrastructure and growth.
- Demonstrate basic project management abilities at all levels of technology modifications or upgrades, deployments, or migrations.
- Provide suggestions for improvements based on discoveries made with a view to reducing recurring faults or improving the service provision.
- Contribute to the IT Department’s technical documentation and participate in the development of procedures and standards (Tutorials, training tools, troubleshooting, security prevention/awareness guides, etc.).
- Assist with the day-to-day delivery of support to the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with Office 365 Administration
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with Firewalls
- Server Virtualization Experience
- Experience with VoIP Systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills and able to communicate effectively using various mediums while maintaining the IT department’s commitment to customer excellence.
- Solid experience working with enterprise Cisco switches and routers, including port management, VLAN’s, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex platform issues traversing multiple layers (network, system, cluster, and application orchestration)
- Strong work ethic, energetic, goal oriented, detail conscious and methodical in their approach to projects.
- Advanced knowledge on network operating systems, WLAN, Cloud Environment, network topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems (Windows, Linux), routing, switching, data privacy, security, and telecommunication systems.
- Proficient networking skills with Ethernet, Fiber Distributed Data interface (FDDI), TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Access Points, and Cisco IOS.
- Network Administrator will supervise Support Technicians and Interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in relatable field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems), plus 2 years’ work experience. Demonstrated work experience equivalent to a degree will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing administration, configuration, and troubleshooting support for Unified communications, voice gateways, and call managers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with virtualized environments
- Experience installing and supporting connectivity of File Servers, PC’s, Scanners, Switches and Routers in a Windows Networking Environment.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Cisco certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Network Administration certificate
- Microsoft Certified Solution Architect
- VMWare Certified Solution Architect
- CompTIA Network+ certified
*Safety Sensitive Position
Must Apply On-line: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/205?source=aWQ9MjA%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
Ph. # (509) 458 –6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Safety Sensitive Positions Will Also Test For Marijuana
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period