VACANCY ANN#: STOI-21-127
TITLE: NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: NATURAL RESOURCES
SUPERVISOR: PROGRAM MANAGER
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT (LAY-OFF UP TO 3 MONTHS)
RATE OF PAY: $14.00 – $18.00/PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: MARCH 18, 2021
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 1, 2021
INTRODUCTION: The incumbent will assist with a wide variety of forestry, wildlife, habitat, and environmental projects with DNR. Forestry work will include specific work related to Washington State’s Timber, Fish and Wildlife (TFW) program and Forests & Fish (FFR) program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with field verifications of water typing modification requests.
- Assist with monitoring stream temperature and sediment in streams that could impact waters of the reservation.
- Assist with wildlife and habitat related projects.
- Assist with fisheries and stream habitat related projects.
- Routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment
- Must be willing to travel for multiple overnight stays when needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- The typical work day will be both in an office setting with time in the field.
- Extensive travel to perform job duties & extended hours and some weekends
- Multiple Night stays on occasion.
- Field work will be performed in forested, agriculture, wetland, streams & river areas.
- Could be in areas where heavy equipment and forest practices are in operation.
- The noise level in the work environment could be moderate to loud.
- Could be on or around boats, ATV, UTV & other motorized vehicles.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Must be able to work independently in rugged & remote terrain.
- Be willing to travel extensively throughout Stevens Co., Lincoln Co., and Spokane Co., WA.
- Familiarity with maps and GPS functions.
- Ability to identify wildlife species.
- Ability to identify tree and plant species.
- Experience in the use and application of standard computer programs and associated software.
- Must be able to work with diverse cultural, professional and technical interdisciplinary teams.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and be tribally insurable.
- Chemical applicator license or within 3 months of hire date.
- Wildfire certification (Preferred)
- Must be in excellent physical condition and be able to work in inclement weather conditions and rough terrain, to include carrying 30+ pounds routinely.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
509-458-6583 or 458-6574 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later
than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day orientation period