Mistequa Casino Hotel Soft Count Drop Team Member-Full time
MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL
The Soft-Count/Drop Team Member is responsible for swapping bill acceptor boxes,
counting and recording of all currency, coin, vouchers, table game drops, as well as vending machine drops, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, Federal and State laws governing monetary transactions and company policies, procedures and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team Member Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent customer service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with customers as well as fellow team members.
- Ensures the integrity of all Soft Count transactions.
- The soft count/drop team member must be proactive and identify problems, solutions, and concerns. Follow through with your supervisor.
- Reconciles gaming revenue.
- Counting and recording of all currency, coin, Table Games drops, bill acceptors, and vending machine drops.
- Dropping and storing the vouchers from Player Terminals.
- Prepares various reports, including stiff sheets, transfer sheets, audit fills and credit slips; reconciles all totals to the Master Summary; forwards all information to appropriate individual(s).
- Maintains all records, reports and other required paperwork in the Soft Count Department.
- Responsible for the removal of all bill acceptor boxes from the casino slot machines.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all documentation concerning the drop.
- Responsible to keep accurate account of all the drop activities.
- Responsible for transporting bill acceptor carts to soft count room ensuring they are accompanied at all times by casino security and TGA.
- Responsible for pulling out chairs before the drop and pushing the chairs back in after the drop.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports, and confidentiality.
- Additional duties as required by management.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, customers and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or (GED) preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
- Effective communications skills required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate. Must be able to multi-task.
- Proficient with 10-key calculator.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Good math skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 25lbs regularly for short periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The Team Member will be required to work in a small work area.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain and maintain a License B with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223