Mistequa Casino Hotel – Dishwasher – Full time
MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Responsible for cleaning and monitoring tables for guest needs, collecting dirty dishes and running the dishwasher and duties requested by supervisory personnel, in an efficient courteous manner displaying a high standard of guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Responsible for clearing all tables as time allows.
- Responsible for overall dishwashing and kitchen clean up in accordance with kitchen procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of all side stations.
- Responsible for stocking.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Must be able to work shift work, holiday, weekends and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to be a team player,
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Must obtain food handlers card within 30 days of employment and keep it current.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk and sit. The team member is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The team member regularly works around mechanical moving parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
You may be subjected to secondary smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING LICENSE
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS WITH MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR FAX: (509) 935- 6223