Mistequa Casino Hotel Accounting Manager – Full time
MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL
Responsible for ensuring that all accounting activities in the Accounting Department i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, payroll, revenue auditing, and general ledger are performed effectively and efficiently and in full accordance with all operational policies, procedures, and gaming regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team Member Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members. Monitor team members within the department to ensure SMILE standards and Core Values are being executed.
- Update IC’s regularly paying particular attention to prioritizing MICS/STGC, and Tribal Government related items.
- Develop, advise and support the team members of the Accounting Department and the Cage Manager.
- Crosstrain in all essential duties of the team.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by accounting team members.
- Review and post all journal entries as needed; reviews daily Cash-Flow Reports.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels in the Accounting department, by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, promoting, and coaching team members, as needed.
- Monitor and coach as needed regarding performance and attendance.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting financial schedules including management cost reviews.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule depreciation database (FAS)
- Prepare ATM reconciliation.
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet Accounts in support of the Financial Statements.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Submit 401K pension contributions.
- Submit all tax withholdings and required tax forms to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Prepare Receipts and Disbursement journals.
- Manage Accounts Payable ensuring expenditures are properly authorized, properly coded, timely paid and accurately filed, ensuring integrity of all payments.
- Manage Inventory Control, processing inventory transfers, month end inventories, loss prevention and post inventory adjustments ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Prepare revenue, expense, and team member benefits analysis.
- Prepares daily cash reporting from financial institution.
- Leads the budget preparation process.
- Develops and adheres to monthly and annual departmental budget.
- Participates in monthly forecasting and updates of departmental expenses.
- Direct and/or assist with any system conversion/enhancement process.
- Coordinate long term record retention, storage, retrieval and destruction.
- Facilitates the flow of information by presiding over regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Assist with floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the activities of the Accounting Department.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2 years experience preferred or Associates degree in Accounting with 3 or more years related experience preferred.
- Experience with budgeting, financial reporting; expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required. Casino experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Must have experience with accounting software; (MAS200 preferred)
- Must be proficient in building and maintaining spreadsheets, creating reports with graphs, and compiling large amounts of data.
- Ability to be a team player and motivate team members.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain and maintain a License A with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND THE PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223