VACANCY ANN#: STOI-22-070
TITLE: LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
SUPERVISOR: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: FULL TIME / REGULAR, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $26.00 – $30.00 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: JULY 12, 2022
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Spokane Tribe of Indians is a great place to work! We offer competitive Benefits, matched 401K, & incentives that include generous paid time off! Twenty-two paid holiday/wellness days off per year, plus bi-weekly Personal Time Off (PTO) accrual and cash-out ability!
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Behavioral Health Program is a based on the Spokane Indian Reservation. The Spokane Tribe operates a Washington State Licensed Behavioral Health Agency which includes treatment services for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders. The Agency currently provides services independently for mental health and substance abuse. The goal of our program, and our agency, is to adapt a co-occurring model that allows counselors to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and gambling disorders.
- Will be responsible for accepting referrals, developing treatment plans, crisis interventions, and diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders.
- Provide care coordination services for assigned group of clients.
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the Clinical Team.
- Provide individual supported counseling and symptom management.
- Educate and support clients’ families and advocate for clients’ rights and preferences. Consult with families and community agencies such as DSHS, court systems, housing authorities, etc., to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history (e.g., onset, course, and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g. self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
- Conduct individual sessions, as well as group sessions.
- Utilizing the departments electronic health record, you will document client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established policies and procedures.
- Participate in staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Participate in providing information to clients on substance use issues such as the effect on mental and physical health and daily functioning. Participate in planning to reduce use or abstain from the use of substances, and help teach replacement behaviors. Establish linkages with outside inpatient, outpatient, and support group entities (e.g. AA, NA) to allow collaboration in treatment.
- Provide monthly progress reports to referring agencies and courts.
- This position is part of STOI’s essential services and will continue to provide services during Tribal emergencies unless otherwise directed.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of Mental Health signs and symptoms as defined in the DSM 5, treatment plans, medication management and effects of the medication. Treatment planning, monthly plan reviews, individual and group counseling practices.
- Ability to compose letters, write reports, gather and analyze data for presentation to Behavioral Health Manager and HHS Director.
- Knowledge of Ethics as it relates to MH.
- Confidentiality law as it relates to MH and Substance Use Disorders.
- Applicants have, or are active in, a master’s or doctoral program in the mental health counseling or a behavioral science field.
- Possesses an Active and Unrestricted Credential in Washington State as a Licensed Mental Health Professional (Associate), or Clinical Social Worker (Associate), or Agency Affiliated Counselor.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct services within a Behavioral Health Program.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with good driving record and be insurable by the Spokane Tribe of Indians (verifiable).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgement in all areas of job performance including adherence to appropriate professional boundaries and strict confidentiality practices in regard to client activities and documentation.
- Ability to apply clinical judgement, ethics and accountability to formulate and implement treatment plans and other clinical documentation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle stressful and crisis situations tactfully and appropriately.
Must Apply On-line For Consideration; https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=119&source=aWQ9MjA%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
509-458-6583 or 458-6527 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
Safety Sensitive Positions Also Test for Marijuana
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day orientation period