VACANCY ANN#: STOI-20-012
TITLE: Licensed mental health counselor
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
SUPERVISOR: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: FULL TIME / REGULAR, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $25.00 – $28.00/HOUR (DOE, DOQ)
OPENING DATE: APRIL 13, 2020
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
INTRODUCTION: The Spokane Tribe operates a Washington State Licensed Behavioral Health Agency which includes treatment services for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders. The Agency currently provides services independently for mental health and substance abuse. The goal of our program, and our agency, is to adapt a co-occurring model that allows a single counselor to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and gambling disorders.
- Will be responsible for accepting referrals, developing treatment plans, crisis interventions, and diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. Referrals can come from multiple external agencies, including in-house drug/alcohol assessments, or during treatment when symptoms are identified and out of scope for the substance abuse program.
- Provide care coordination services for assigned group of clients.
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the Clinical Team.
- Provide individual supported counseling and symptom management.
- Educate and support clients’ families and advocate for clients’ rights and preferences. Consult with families and community agencies such as DSHS, court systems, housing authorities, etc., to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history (e.g. onset, course, and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g. self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
- Document client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established policies and procedures.
- Participate in staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Participate in providing information to clients on substance use issues such as the effect on mental and physical health and daily functioning. Participate in planning to reduce use or abstain from the use of substances, and help teach replacement behaviors. Establish linkages with outside inpatient, outpatient, and support group entities (e.g. AA, NA) to allow collaboration in treatment.
- Provide monthly progress reports to referring agencies and courts.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of Mental Health signs and symptoms as defined in the DSM 5, treatment plans, medication management and effects of the medication. Treatment planning, monthly plan reviews, individual and group counseling practices.
- Ability to compose letters, write reports, gather and analyze data for presentation to HHS Director.
- Knowledge of Ethics as it relates to MH.
- Confidentiality law as it relates to MH and Substance Use Disorders.
This position follows the Washington State WAC 388-887A regarding the treatment of Mental Health Disorders as Washington State Licensed facility. Also follows the Spokane Tribe policy, procedures and personnel manual.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Active Unrestricted WA State Mental Health Professional License, or Advanced/Clinical Social Worker.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a master’s or doctoral degree in mental health counseling or a behavioral science master’s or doctoral degree in a field relating to mental health counseling.
- Possesses an Active and Unrestricted Credential in Washington State as a Licensed Mental Health Professional, or Clinical Social Worker.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with good driving record and be insurable by the Spokane Tribe of Indians (verifiable).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgement in all areas of job performance including adherence to appropriate professional boundaries and strict confidentiality practices in regard to client activities and documentation.
- Ability to apply clinical judgement, ethics and accountability to formulate and implement treatment plans, clinical documentation, and crisis situations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle stressful and crisis situations tactfully and appropriately.
- Ride Sharing Vans service downtown Spokane, and 9 Mile/Suncrest area 5-days/week.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 14 paid Holidays/year (Eligible upon hire)
- PTO can be accrued during probation.
- HRSA designated site
- You may be eligible to receive a grant to pay off student loan debt.
- See HRSA website for details – https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loan-repayment/benefits.html#nhsc-lrp
- We’re a smaller agency which can allow for more comprehensive and individualized client care.
- We offer special paid trainings and travel.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax # (509) 658-6556
Or down load: www.spokanetribe.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 P.M. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation Period