STOI GOV: DELIVERY DRIVER, MAINTENANCE, CUSTODIAN
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-20-010|
|Title||STOI GOV: DELIVERY DRIVER, MAINTENANCE, CUSTODIAN|
|Supervisor||ELDERLY SERVICES DIRECTOR|
|Department||HHS, SENIOR SERVICES PROGRAM|
|Location||SPOKANE INDIAN RESERVATION|
|Status||REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$13.50 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||FEBRUARY 5, 2020|
|Closing Date||FEBRUARY 19, 2020|
The Senior Services —Elderly Meal program prepares and serves meals to elders fifty-five (55) years of age and older who reside within the boundaries of the Spokane Indian Reservation. The Wellpinit Senior Center serves the eastern side of the Spokane Indian Reservation including; Wellpinit, Ford, Little Falls, and West End area. Meals are delivered Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Deliver meals to seniors residing in the Wellpinit, Little Falls & Ford area.
- Transport seniors to and from congregate meals sites when there is no area wide delivery.
- Assist in packaging meals for delivery to include: prepping food, packaging meals, placing in thermo bags, transporting meals to Elder's residence.
- Prepares dining area for congregate meals as needed.
- Sanitizes thermo bags daily.
- Prepare weekly reports.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance service records daily for vehicles.
- Assures delivered meals are delivered promptly and adequately daily.
- Custodial services to include but not limited to, keeping vehicles clean, washing
- windows, upkeep of sidewalks, driveway and yard. keeping emergency exits
- clear, parking area free of litter, exterior, garbage and ashtrays. As well as the
- daily upkeep of the congregate area not limited to sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Assure that work orders are in place for senior center for repairs through Spokane Tribe Maintenance Department.
- Assure safety standards are met by identifying, correcting and eliminating unsafe working conditions or potential hazards for the staff and guests.
- Assist in assembling furniture or equipment.
- Assist staff with telephone inquiries, correspondence, collateral contact and interviews; meet with clientele individually on an as needed basis to assist with required paperwork.
- Provide input to Elderly Services Program Director to assist in improving services to the Elders.
- Attend meetings and training as directed.
- Prepare written reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in the general maintenance of the Senior Center.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of community elders residing on the Spokane Indian Reservation
- Knowledge of food safety.
- Knowledge and proficiency in program organization and office management, including filing, typing, operation of computers and other technological devices.
- Ability to compose written correspondence, reports and assimilation of data.
Monday through Friday 7:30 A.M – 4:00 P.M.
- Applicant is required to have some basic computer skills. Work requires the performance of interpersonal communication and technical skills.
- Possess the ability to coordinate and relate to a wide range of issues and to work with a variety of consumers, vendors, administration, staff and community members.
- Must be able to drive in all weather conditions that are native to this area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must clear a criminal history and background inquiry
- Must maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and good driving record for insurance purposes
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Obtain a food handlers card
- Obtain a First Aid / CPR card.
**The Spokane Tribe Senior Center facilities are drug and alcohol free environments**
*Safety Sensitive Position subject to random drug testing*
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 PM on The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants May Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period