STOI GOV: OFFICE CLERK
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-088|
|Title||STOI GOV: OFFICE CLERK|
|Rate of Pay||$12.00 - $13.50/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||SEPTEMBER 9, 2019|
|Closing Date||SEPTEMBER 23, 2019|
The objective of the Office Clerk is to provide office, secretarial, and support services to the Tribal Facilities Program.
Provide full range of office and meeting support. Will independently administer several assigned responsibilities, ensuring excellent customer service. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars and arrange appointments.
- Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
- Type, format, proofread and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
- Count, weigh, measure, and/or organize materials.
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes.
- Manage and operate a Maintenance Software Program.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Ability to work with Manager to set priorities and objectives and execute them in a timely and effective manner.
- Comfortable in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy to meet requirements.
- Competent level in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word.
- Able to operate and manage a Maintenance Software program.
- Individual must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations professionally.
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers license and must meet Tribal insurance requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 year experience in an equivalent position preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS word, excel, and other IT applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applications Are Available At the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department by 4:30 PM On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To
Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Will Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject to a 90-Day Probationary Period