POW-WOW SPECIAL DEPUTY - 60 POSITIONS
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-079|
|Title||POW-WOW SPECIAL DEPUTY - 60 POSITIONS|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|Status||TEMPORARY (48 HOURS)|
|Rate of Pay||$13.00/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||AUGUST 8, 2019|
|Closing Date||AUGUST 19, 2019|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Special Police Officers shall be responsible for assisting the Spokane Tribe Law Enforcement Department in maintaining Law & Order on the Spokane Indian Reservation during the Spokane Indian Days Pow-Wow. Special Police Officers will be required to enforce laws of the Spokane Tribal Law & Order code and existing Resolutions of misdemeanor arrests when violations occur, transport prisoners to the Wellpinit Detention Facility, assist in booking prisoners, searching vehicles, tents, campers, persons, complete the necessary police report and court reports, appear in court when needed as a witness, and other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor. Special police will also be responsible for aiding in cleanup and assisting maintenance personnel with garbage duties.
SELECTIONS WILL BE BASED UPON:
- Must be at least 18-years of age by the date of the job announcement closing;
- Ability to work irregular hours 8am-8pm dayshift or 8pm-8am nightshift;
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Previous related work experience
- Spokane Tribal Preference, a copy of Spokane Tribal I.D. must be attached with application if Spokane Preference is requested.
- Must pass Background check and a Pre-Employment Drug Test (excluding marijuana usage), conducted by the Spokane Police Department.
Persons selected for the Special Deputy contracts will be contacted no later than August 23, 2019. A MANDATORY Special Officers meeting will be held at the Main Dance Hall at the Pow Wow Grounds, Wellpinit, WA . on August 28th, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. for shift swear-in and introduction to supervisors.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509)-458-6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test