STOI GOV: PRODUCTION SCALER TRAINEE
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-063|
|Title||STOI GOV: PRODUCTION SCALER TRAINEE|
|Supervisor||TIMER SALES SUPERVISOR|
|Rate of Pay||$13.90/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JULY 17, 2019|
|Closing Date||JULY 24, 2019|
The Production Scaler trainee is committed to Scaling Duties on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Jointly with the Senior Production Scaler, the Production Scaler trainee determines merchantable contents of five species of saw logs until released for independent log scaling.
Position may include a temporary lay-off periods depending on logging seasons and productivity levels.
- After training, the Production Scaler independently determines merchantable contents of five commercial species of saw logs from the Spokane Indian Reservation.
- Measures log lengths and diameters for gross volumes and apply proper deductions for defect to determine net scale.
- Rapidly identifies species and determines defects caused from fungi and natural causes.
- Input header data on to data recorder and erase old loads, then input all data onto computer and review and edit as needed to ensure fiscal integrity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Must be capable of comprehending and following instructions.
- Dependability, punctuality and accountability required for position.
- Must be familiar with Tribal and BIA policies on scaling and also be familiar with the provisions of the Timber Contracts and Standard Provisions. Must also become familiar with supplements contained in the USFS, National Forest Log Scaling Handbook, Log Yard Agreements, etc.
- Basic arithmetic required and also the ability to think in proportions.
- Will learn to identify five commercial species of logs from the Spokane Indian Reservation when presented for Scale.
- Will learn different types of defect and rot when scaling saw logs as these defects and/or rot determine the amount of merchantable volume in the log.
- Will learn to use a scaling stick, Allegro hand held and loggers tape for measuring length and diameter for gross scale to determine merchantable volume in saw logs.
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately.
- Must be physically capable and able to work effectively in adverse weather conditions.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be physically capable of walking long distances over steep terrain, will be required to stand long periods of time in adverse weather conditions.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record and be tribally insurable.
- Must be production scaler certified within one year of hire date.
- Must be currently utilization qualified.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants may be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period