VACANCY ANN# STOI-20-058
DEPARTMENT: TRIBAL FACILITIES
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WASHINGTON
SUPERVISOR: HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
SALARY LEVEL: $13.50/PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: AUGUST 12, 2020
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
INTRODUCTION: Housekeeper is responsible for at least one or more sections of the Administration Building daily in addition to other tribal owned buildings, facilities and/or premises. The Housekeeper must be able to work as a team and assist other housekeepers as needed. Responsible of cleaning all tribal outbuildings as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dusts sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuum, and clean assigned areas.
- Scrubs, waxes and strips floors, as assigned.
- Sweeps stairwells and other areas, and attends to other Work Orders and/or special projects, as requested.
- Spot cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
- Empties wastebaskets; empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and dirty linens to designated areas.
- Assists in the minor maintenance in public areas, and reports problems that need further attention to the housekeeping supervisor on duty.
- Re-stocks paper supplies, chemical supplies in bottles, and maintains washroom supplies. Stocks and maintains housekeeping storage rooms.
- Routinely inspects work areas, identifying potential problems or repair needs, and notifying the maintenance supervisor of maintenance to be scheduled.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled meetings with employees.
- Required to drive to numerous locations within the tribe, and is responsible for the cleanliness of the Tribal Work Vans.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all Tribal out buildings that get assigned.
- Clean areas and buildings during events such as funerals and wakes.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, safety standards as they relate to the department.
- Secures all doors and buildings, responsible for locking up all entrances when last to leave, protects and maintains Tribal properties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- General knowledge of cleaning equipment and supplies; Vacuum cleaners, Rug shampooers, cleaning chemicals, Housekeeping Methods and duties.
- Housekeeper must be willing and able to work as a team. There are three housekeepers responsible for the upkeep of all Tribal Buildings and it is imperative that a team atmosphere is maintained.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Valid Washington driver’s license and be tribally insurable.
- Must have prior work experience in this trade or similar work and/or responsibilities in cleaning, and/or maintenance duties. (Please indicate similar work experience and duties on resume or application).
- Must be able to read and understand directions, instructions and warning and safety labels
- High School or GED preferred
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
OR, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants May Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period