VACANCY ANN# STOI-20-116
DEPARTMENT: TRIBAL FACILITIES
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WASHINGTON
SUPERVISOR: HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME
SALARY LEVEL: $13.50/PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: FEBRUARY 23, 2021
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 04, 2021
INTRODUCTION: Housekeeper is responsible for at least one or more sections of the Administration Building daily in addition to other tribal owned buildings, facilities and/or premises. The Housekeeper must be able to work as a team and assist other housekeepers as needed. Responsible of cleaning all tribal outbuildings as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Dusts sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuum, and clean assigned areas.
• Scrubs, waxes and strips floors, as assigned.
• Sweeps stairwells and other areas, and attends to other Work Orders and/or special projects, as requested.
• Spot cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
• Empties wastebaskets; empties and cleans ashtrays.
• Transports trash and dirty linens to designated areas.
• Assists in the minor maintenance in public areas, and reports problems that need further attention to the housekeeping supervisor on duty.
• Re-stocks paper supplies, chemical supplies in bottles, and maintains washroom supplies. Stocks and maintains housekeeping storage rooms.
• Routinely inspects work areas, identifying potential problems or repair needs, and notifying the maintenance supervisor of maintenance to be scheduled.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled meetings with employees.
• Required to drive to numerous locations within the tribe, and is responsible for the cleanliness of the Tribal Work Vans.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all Tribal out buildings that get assigned.
• Clean areas and buildings during events such as funerals and wakes.
• Must adhere to strict confidentiality.
• Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, safety standards as they relate to the department.
• Secures all doors and buildings, protects and maintains Tribal properties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Must have knowledge and skills to operate vacuum cleaners, rug shampooers, cleaning chemicals, Housekeeping Methods and duties.
• Housekeeper must be a team player and be able to work independently.
• Able to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
• Must be willing to obtain training regarding proper cleaning techniques related to sanitization standards.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must have prior work experience in this trade or similar work and/or responsibilities in cleaning, and/or maintenance duties. (Please indicate similar work experience and duties on resume or application).
• Must be able to read and understand directions, instructions and warning and safety labels
• Must pass all required drug testing and background testing (tribal, state and federal background checks required).
• Valid Washington State Drivers License & insurability upon hire preferred, and required by end of 90 day probationary.
• High School or GED preferred
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
OR, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants May Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period