VACANCY ANN#: STOI-20-093
DEPARTMENT: TRIBAL FACILITIES
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WASHINGTON
SUPERVISOR: HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR
STATUS: TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME
SALARY LEVEL: $15.00/PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 3, 2020
CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 10, 2020
INTRODUCTION: This position is to perform additional sanitation duties due to the COVID pandemic to help prevent the spread of COVID. This position will be responsible for cleaning areas where actual and potential COVID positive cases may have been frequenting. The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning high traffic areas of the Administration Building daily in addition to other tribal owned buildings, facilities and/or premises. The Housekeeper must be able to work as a team and assist other housekeepers as needed. Responsible of cleaning all tribal outbuildings as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Dusts sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuum, and clean assigned areas.
• Scrubs, waxes and strips floors, as assigned.
• Sweeps stairwells and other areas, and attends to other Work Orders and/or special projects, as requested.
• Spot cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
• Empties wastebaskets; empties and cleans ashtrays.
• Transports trash and dirty linens to designated areas.
• Assists in the minor maintenance in public areas, and reports problems that need further attention to the housekeeping supervisor on duty.
• Re-stocks paper supplies, chemical supplies in bottles, and maintains washroom supplies. Stocks and maintains housekeeping storage rooms.
• Routinely inspects work areas, identifying potential problems or repair needs, and notifying the maintenance supervisor of maintenance to be scheduled.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled meetings with employees.
• Required to drive to numerous locations within the tribe, and is responsible for the cleanliness of the Tribal Work Vans.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all Tribal out buildings that get assigned.
• Clean areas and buildings during events such as funerals and wakes.
• Must adhere to strict confidentiality.
• Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, safety standards as they relate to the department.
• Secures all doors and buildings, protects and maintains Tribal properties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Must have knowledge and skills to operate vacuum cleaners, rug shampooers, cleaning chemicals, Housekeeping Methods and duties.
• Housekeeper must be a team player and be able to work independently.
• Able to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
• Must be willing to obtain training regarding proper cleaning techniques related to COVID19.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Valid Washington driver’s license and be tribally insurable.
• Must have prior work experience in this trade or similar work and/or responsibilities in cleaning, and/or maintenance duties. (Please indicate similar work experience and duties on resume or application).
• Must be able to read and understand directions, instructions and warning and safety labels
• Must pass all required drug testing and background testing (tribal, state and federal background checks required).
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• High School or GED preferred
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
OR, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants May Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period