The Spokane Tribe’s Utilities Department provides water, wastewater, and solid waste services for the Spokane Tribe of Indians. The primary solid waste services covered include curbside garbage pickup, dump management, and transfer station planning.
Aside from providing water, waste water, and solid waste services, the Utilities Department works with individual residents and businesses on the reservation to promptly address all utilities-related needs (a sanctioned catalogue of these services can be found under the “Services” tab). The Utilities Department is committed to managing all Tribal utilities systems while engaging in culturally and environmentally safe practices.
To provide dependable water, sewer, and solid waste services to all residents on the Spokane Indian Reservation while preserving economic, cultural, and environmentally safe practices.
Effectively operate, maintain, and manage all utility systems, achieve financial sustainability, system modernization, and have a plan for future growth on the Spokane Indian Reservation.
- Landfill and dump management
- Water access for individuals, homes, and businesses – connected to the main line
- Build and maintain, new and existing Sewer/Septic lines connected to the Main infrastructure existing
- Septic pumping
- Construction related to water and sewer services – connected to the main line
- Limited electrical work
- Wastewater lagoon management
- Installation, operation, and maintenances of water/sewer systems – connected to the main line
- Preparation of home sites for construction
- IHS Scattered Sites – Well and Septic installations
The department also works with Indian Health Services (IHS) to carryout bigger projects that contribute to the overall health and wellness of Tribal members.
Payment can be made by phone, through standard mail, or in-person at the Accounting Desk in the Administration Building. To make a payment by mail, please send the bill to: P.O. Box 100 in Wellpinit, WA.
- $375.00 – If Utilities Staff has to Locate and Dig up
- $0.045 per pound for Tribal (minimum of $9.00; must show Tribal ID)
- $0.05 per pound for non-Tribal and businesses (minimum of $10.00)
Water & Sewer Rates:
- $20.00 per month (water)
- $25.00 per month (Non-Tribal Water)
- $10.00 per month (Tribal sewer)
- $15.00 per month (Non-Tribal sewer)
- Both services are free for Spokane Tribal Elders-or Spouse of a Tribal Elder
Curbside Pickup Rates:
- $30.00 per month for 65 gallon can; $35.00 per month for 95-gallon can (Tribal)
- $40.00 per month for 65 gallon can; $45.00 per month for 95-gallon can (non-Tribal)
- 2 Yard Dumpsters can be rented for $85.00 per month
- Elders receive a 65 gallon can at no charge, but are billed for all other solid waste services
- $10.00 per month for each additional can (no larger than the 65-gallon can provided)
If you have any questions regarding billing, please reach out to the Utilities Department.
To report a utilities emergency, please call the Utilities Department.