Planning & Economic Development Department
PEDD Vision: Honoring our Past and Preserving the Future of the Spokane Tribe of Indians by ensuring that all lands within the jurisdiction of the Tribe are preserved, protected, and enhanced through best land use policy, long-range planning to achieve sustainable community development, infrastructure development, economic development, and safe & adequate transportation planning.
PEDD January 2023 Updates
- Waiting to hear back from WA State Recreation Conservation Office (RCO) on our Planning for Recreation Access (PRA) grant application. RCO stated we would hear back by the end of January. This would fund planning activities at the Snwx mene (Salmon People) Island located in Riverfront Park.
- Updating Sustainable Community Master Plan (SCMP). We should have a completed draft within the next couple of months.
- Updating Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP).
- Developing a Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). This will be implemented in early 2023.
- Developing a STOI Strategic Master Plan.
- Working on both Casino property development projects. This includes Mistequa Hotel, STC Phase 2B and STC Phase 3.
- Working on the following ARPA funded projects:
- DV Modular Office Project
- Longhouse Upgrades Project
- West End Community Center Gymnasium A&E Project
- Justice Center A&E Project
- Wellpinit Wastewater Treatment Projects (Lagoon Rehab Projects & Drain Field Projects)
- The Tribe has joined ATNI’s Regional Strategy regarding Treasury’s State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) which provides capital for small business owners and enterprise projects. Any interested Tribal Small Business Owners who are seeking loan capital, reach out to James Best for more information. This Program anticipates beginning.
- Submitted application to the Federal Highway Administration (FHA) for the Tribal Transportation Program Safety Fund grant to fund professional services to update our Tribal Transportation Safety Plan. The last update was completed in 2015.
- Working with the PowWow Committee on addressing current upgrades and improvements to the PowWow Grounds for future events. We are hoping to get some items taken care of prior to the 2023 Labor Day PowWow.
Planning & Economic Development Director
Office: (509) 458-6520
Cell: (509) 904-5383
Economic Development Manager
Spokane Office 509.818.1408
Wellpinit Office 509.458.6561