VACANCY ANN #: STOI-23-008
TITLE: FORESTER I (PRESALES)
SUPERVISOR: FORESTERY SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: REGULAR/FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $27.61 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: JANUARY 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: FEBRUARY 7, 2023
The incumbent is responsible for directing and implementing preparation of timber sales on the Spokane Reservation. Responsibilities include designing, implementing and data processing for timber cruises; development of timber appraisals; preparation of timber sales prospectus and contract; implementation of NEPA for silvicultural prescriptions and timber harvest operations; and designing and directing various data collection projects. Incumbent performs duties under the supervision of the Supervisory Forester (Silviculturist). Guidance is available as needed on unusual and/or difficult assignments; otherwise incumbent formulates his/her own work schedule on his/her own initiative and carries work to completion independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares timber sales documents for harvest treatments and ensures Forest Officer’s Reports are complete;
- Trainee level, works under supervision of senior foresters;
- Basic presales field duties: timber marking, cruising, mapping and line running;
- Assists silviculturist with reconnaissance, vegetation mapping, prescription preparation, harvest unit layout and development of marking guides as needed;
- Assembles Forest Officers Reports for timber sales and maintains sales preparation files;
- Creates maps with GIS for timber sale contracts;
- Compiles cruise data to report realty or timber sale volumes;
- Collects and processes GPS data;
- Develops prospectus, appraisal, contract and any other documents necessary for the preparation of sales for advertisement;
- Prescribed fire, assists as crew member or support staff;
- Perform realty cruises and assists with appraisals;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Valid State Driver’s License and a good driving record for insurance purposes.
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Forest Management, Forest Ecology or similar
- Must be familiar with local tree species and forestry practices
- Must have training and experience in PC use: operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database software and forestry applications
- Must have training and experience in GPS applications in forestry
- Must be physically ablet to perform the job functions, including; ability to lift and carry 45 lbs, ability to walk all day in steep, rugged terrain, ability to work in inclement weather.
- One (1) year experience in the natural resources field preferred.
- Firefighter 2 qualified for prescription burning is recommended.
MUST APPLY ON-LINE: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/166?source=aWQ9MjA%3D.
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, Fax (509) 458-6556
All Applications Must Be Received in the HR Department No
Later Than 4:30pm on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation