VACANCY ANN #: STOI-21-193
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING & PUBLIC WORKS
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR, PLANNING & PUBLIC WORKS
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: DOE/DOQ
OPENING DATE: JULY 21, 2021
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Spokane Tribe of Indians is a great place to work! We offer competitive Benefits, matched 401K, & incentives that include; possible Commute Allowances, Flex Schedules, moving expenses, signing bonuses, and generous paid time off, with twenty-two paid holiday/wellness days off per year, plus Personal Time Off (PTO) accrual and cash-out ability!
INTRODUCTION: The Engineer conducts construction related design and engineering work under the direct supervision of the Director of Planning and Public Works.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
• Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
• Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
• Assess potential risks, materials and costs
• Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
• Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
• Hand over the resulting structures and services for use
• Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
• Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
• Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc., and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
• Provide technical assistance to Tribal staff in support of the day to day operation of the Tribal infrastructure
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Planning & Public Works
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Knowledge of community water/waste water system design.
• Knowledgeable of Federal Laws and Tribal laws pertaining to Indian Health Services and Tribal land.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, public and private officials and the general public.
• Ability to take directions and carry out orders effectively with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand finance policies and procedures and implement and review.
• Ability to track spending and produce budget reports.
• Proven working experience in civil engineering
• Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
• Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc.,
• Project management and supervision skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. Master’s Degree in Engineering Preferred.
• Must have a valid Washington State Drivers license and must meet Tribal insurance requirements.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department and can be downloaded on the Spokane Tribal website at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
509-458-6583 or 458-6527 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day probationary period