The COVID-19 Tribal Elder Support Service Program is intended to provide assistance to Eligible Tribal Elders who are 65 and older to maintain their health,
well-being, independence, and quality of life during the COVID-19 Pandemic by making their homes safe, healthy and accessible during Stay At Home Orders.
Applications and all required documentation are required to the TERO Office by December 18, 2020.
• Applicant must be an enrolled member of the Spokane Tribe of Indians
• Must be 65 and older
• Subject to Stay at Home Orders
• The property to be benefited by the Support Service must be the applicants
• Each eligible Tribal Elder may only receive (1) Support Service item from the program
• The program will operate on a first come first serve basis with priority for such items as generators
Given priority to those who have medical devices that need to stay operational during power outages.
The COVID-19 Small Business General Welfare Assistance Program is intended to assist Tribal Members who Own and Operate Small Businesses during the
Current Pandemic. In order to help stabilize Tribal Member Owned and Operated Small Businesses that have been impacted by the Pandemic, emergency
Funds have been made available and will be distributed in a the form of a Small Business Stabilization Grant provided directly to eligible Owners.
Applications and all required documentation must be received by the TERO Office no later than December 14, 2020.
• Be an enrolled member of the Spokane Tribe of Indians
• The Tribal Member must Own and Operate a Small Business
• The Tribal Member Owned and Operated Small Business must have been in operation prior to March 1, 2020
• Must demonstrate impacts due to the Pandemic
• the Tribal Member Owned and Operated Small Business must be able to demonstrate impacts of receiving grant assistance from the Program
(for example, reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures); and
• the Tribal Member Owned and Operated Small Business must be able to discuss expected outcomes and related timelines; and
• the Tribal Member Owned and Operated Small Business must be in good standing with the Secretary of State, Department of Revenue,
Department of Labor and Industries, and the TERO Department and all programs and policies managed by the TERO Department, but only
to the extent that such agencies and departments are applicable;
• the Tribal Member Owned and Operated Small Business must not be reimbursed or provided substantially similar assistance by multiple funders
• for the same cost or Eligible Expense (no double dipping). No duplicate payments or supplanting of other costs is allowed, especially payments from CARES Act funding; and
• Submit a completed Application and all necessary documentation as required by this Program.
• Must have either an active TERO Business License Number and/or Business UBI Number
• The Owner or Small Business that has received prior awards from the CARES Act or other COVID-19 funding from any other jurisdiction for their Small Business
Will not qualify (no double dipping) for this program.
• All assistance provided pursuant to this Program is subject to the availability of funds. All assistance is limited to as follows: a single, one-time financial
assistance payment of up to $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars) per Eligible Tribal Member, to be distributed no later than December 18, 2020.
For more information regarding both of the established COVID-19 Programs please contact the TERO Office at (509) 258-7100.
Joni Wynecoop, MBA
TERO Director, Spokane Tribe
Spokane Indian Housing Authority Board of Commissioners (Alternate)
Indian Health Services Patient Advisory Committee