POSITION: TABLE GAMES DEALER
SALARY: $13.69/HR PLUS TIPS
POSTING OPENS: 4/14/2021
POSTING CLOSES: 4/25/2021
The Table Games Dealer conducts the operations of the game by selling chips to players, dealing cards and dice, and paying and taking bets while observing proper game rules. Verifies and signs fill/credit slips when money or chips are brought to or taken from the table.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
• Responsible for the accuracy and proficient manner in dealing a specific table game while assuring the protection and control of the game being dealt.
• Advises Table Games Floor Supervisor or other personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players and their actions. Notifies Table Games Floor Supervisor of guest transactions or needs.
• Check that all cards are present in the deck when opening games. Check front and back for marks, check dice regularly for marks, etc.
• Must make sure that all guests playing at the table are of current age limit, must check guests ID to verify age if floor staff is busy doing other things.
• Ensure that the proper amounts of chips are issued during a buy-in from the guest and the proper payoffs are made.
• Must be willing to learn additional games when training is available.
• Promote Casino promotions with all Guests, and prompt new guests to sign onto our players club.
• Stay up to date on current Casino promotion and events to inform guests.
• Observe gamblers for signs of cheats, scams, or irregularities in play. Assist with maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Must be extremely numbers oriented.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Excellent Guest Service skills.
• Must have ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• Proven knowledge and/or experience on the assigned game required.
• Must have successfully completed dealer class or audition. (Class may be offered by Chewelah Casino)
• Basic knowledge of all current house procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
The team member is regularly required to stand for long periods of time Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You may be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License B with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167
FAX: (509) 935- 6223