Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift, to adequately protect the life and property of guests, team members and the company. Administering first aid and emergency medical attention to guests and team members on the property, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain of positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Observe gamblers for signs of cheats, scams, or irregularities in play. Notify the proper personnel.
- Generates necessary written reports regarding security-related incidents involving guests, team members and/or the facility, also write incidents in the security log book.
- Escorts and observes guests and team members to ensure their safety and protection.
- Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing it.
- Acts as a dispatcher during emergency situations, and coordinates solutions to it. Informs outside agencies and surveillance of any unusual or suspicious situations on property.
- Operates company vehicles as directed to do so.
- Ensures safe transportation of company moneys. Assists in the opening and closing of the gaming tables.
- Patrols the property identifying potential security and/or safety hazards and reporting to the appropriate individual.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas as necessary.
- Checks identification from all persons who appear to be under the legal age, to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
- Responsible for disbursement of paychecks.
- Responsible for logging lost and found items.
- Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Responsible for reporting work related injuries to HR.
- Responsible for maintaining the extra badges for the team members.
- Administer visitor passes to vendors and others that have scheduled meetings or business with the casino.
- Required to greet guests and open the doors for the guest’s entry into the casino when you are monitoring the entrance.
- Monitor the entry to ensure alcoholic beverages are not being removed from the casino.
- Responsible for staying up to date on current promotions and events to inform the guests and answer questions.
- Held to a strict code of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Required to monitor the two-way radio that should be on your person at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
- High School diploma or (GED) preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in law enforcement or gaming security preferred.
- Excellent Guest Service skills.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have basic computer knowledge for data entry.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
The team member is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The Team member is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The Team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Obtain and maintain a License B with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223