Part time F&B Cashier/Server
Salary: $13.50/hr plus tips
Position opens 8/6/20 thru 8/12/20
The Cashier/Server is responsible for providing fast, friendly and courteous service while taking food and drink orders and serving customers. Monitor customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino/Two Rivers Casino Employee Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards by providing excellent customer service.
• Pleasantly takes orders and serve customers. Present checks to the guest, accepts payments and gives change when necessary. Will be required to operate a till.
• Must learn the menu and garnishes that accompany each plate.
• Must check plates to ensure order is correct and complete prior to serving.
• Must keep items stocked at all times.
• Maintain beverage center.
• Maintain salad bar.
• Promote Casino promotions with all customers and prompt new customers to sign-up to our players club.
• Occasionally required to serve alcoholic beverages, assess customers and follow serving protocol.
• Will be required to clean dining area during slow business hours. Must maintain a clean and orderly work station.
• Buss tables
• Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, customers and outside contacts.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
• High School diploma or (GED) preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
• Excellent Customer Service skills.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• Good math skills.
• Must obtain a food handlers card within 30 days of employment, and keep it current.
• Must obtain a Class 12 servers permit and keep it current.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to lift and carry up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223