CHEWELAH CASINO JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: PLAYERS CLUB SUPERVISOR
STATUS: FULL TIME
POSITION OPENS: 3/31/2021
POSITION CLOSES: 4/11/2021
Responsible for guest relations development and supervises the Guest Service Team. Responsible for players club database management and programming. Support Marketing Manager with promotions planning. Communicates with the Guest Service team about promotions and any other information needed for them to provide a positive experience for all guests. Ensure a high level of guest satisfaction and positive leadership. Leadership to include; leading by example, maintain a team atmosphere, and support the cross-training philosophy set in place by the Marketing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal in a professional and positive manner.
• Ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Team Member Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members. Monitor and develop Guest Services Team to ensure SMILE service standards and Core Values are being executed.
• Must be proactive and identify problems/challenges within Guest Services and resolve team member and guest issues in a professional and positive manner. Follow up with Marketing Manager, and CSM if the Marketing Manager is unavailable.
• Responsible for ensuring and maintaining proper procedures are trained and adhered to with regard to all Guest Services duties. This includes encouraging e-mail and phone number collection, ensuring data entry guidelines are followed, auditing all voids that are processed as well as auditing comp issuance percentages.
• Assist in the development of promotional operation and procedures.
• Provide post forma reports for special events.
• Ensure that all team members are trained for promotions/events and that all rules are followed per the Official Rules.
• Build and sustain professional relationships with all departments.
• Assist with posting, monitoring social media platforms while working with the social media team.
• Extensive computer work including but not limited to, Player Tracking, MS Word, Excel.
• Maintain a working knowledge of our database system to perform duties with the promotional tracking system.
• Monitor stock and order supplies for the Players Club.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the facilities amenities as well as current and upcoming special events/promotions in order to advise guests and other team members.
• Act as guest service liaison with Casino to ensure the needs of the casino guests are met.
• Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
• Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The Players Club Supervisor directly supervises the activities of all Guest Service Representatives.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Works with the Marketing Manager to hire team members as needed. Train, coach, and develop all team members in Guest Services.
• Conduct one-on-one meetings with team members to set goals, and to provide one-on-one time for an open discussion regarding performance and attendance. Provide written summary reports to the Marketing Manager.
• Developing the team schedule to ensure all shifts are covered.
• Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a professional manner.
Must have ability to:
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress) while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
• Three years of guest service and/or related field supervisory experience.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Ability to work with database details, analyzing players club data, and pulling data reports as necessary from the casino player tracking system.
• Excellent Guest Service skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate team members.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• MS Office – intermediate to advanced
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests, and management.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be familiar with and able to operate computers, printers, multi-line telephones, digital camera and public speaking using a microphone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
The Team member must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
The Team member is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You may be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License C with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING LICENSE
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS WITH CHEWELAH CASINO ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY PROBATIONARY PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR FAX: (509) 935- 6223