As a Network Administrator, you will support and administer a highly virtualized network and server infrastructure on Chewelah Casino property, and other duties as assigned by the Chewelah Casino IT Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Will ensure that all installation activities conform to the Tribal Regulations, Standards, Guidelines, Minimum Internal controls, and Policies and Procedures established for Gaming.
- Administer, maintain, and provide technical support for all network servers, switches, routers, and other equipment to achieve optimal networking performance.
- Participate in department management through the design, installation, and support of all networks, server, and storage infrastructure.
- Manage all wireless infrastructure, Public and Private, adhere to all PCI compliance.
- Review maintenance needs, scheduling of upgrades and downtime, and overall daily performance with department management on a regular basis.
- Ensure all network hardware and infrastructure is logged, registered, and supported with the appropriate vendor.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist Systems Administrator as needed, as a backup operator for various casino systems.
- Coordinates workflow to ensure effective overall operations in the IT Department.
- Maintains communication with IT Manager for necessary operations.
- Maintains a high level of service and satisfaction to all systems.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all appropriate software and network applications.
- In emergency situations, must be able to perform IT tasks, document scope of work completed and provide information to the IT Manager upon completion.
- Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
- A high school diploma and 2 years of related experience are required. An Associate’s degree in Computer Network Design and Administration can take the place of 2 years of experience, or a Certificate in a related Information Technology Field can take the place of 1 year of experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and/or Microsoft Messaging / Networking hardware certifications, Firewall certifications preferred.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate technical competence when troubleshooting systems, and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
- The team member is frequently required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.
- The team member is occasionally required to climb a 12-foot ladder.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Obtain and maintain a License B with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223