POSITION: MARKETING COORDINATOR
STATUS: FULL TIME
POSTING OPENS: 3/31/2021
POSTING CLOSES: 4/11/2021
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating details as they relate to all areas of marketing: develop casino promotions, players club continuity purchases and inventory, direct mail program, assist with players club database maintenance and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
• Work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal in a professional and positive manner.
• Ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Team Member Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
• Marketing Coordinator assists with overall marketing efforts of Chewelah Casino and supports the casino players club as requested by Manager; assist the team during promotions, giveaways, special events, and help cover players club shifts.
• Must become knowledgeable with player tracking system, provide reports as requested, and attend players tracking system training as scheduled.
• Must be able to resolve guest complaints in a timely and professional manner.
• Coordinate the development and production of marketing collateral.
• Work with the players club signage team for printing and placement of all casino signage/displays including print and digital.
• Contribute content to the team newsletter that is produced by the players club team.
• Responsible for website content management including scheduling content, and accuracy of content.
• Develop reports to include details on casino return on investment with print ad coupons and offers provided to guests.
• Coordinate logistics relating to casino photo and film shoots.
• Develop monthly promotions and promotion strategy with Marketing Manager. Marketing Coordinator is responsible for writing monthly promotions/rules.
• Coordinate special event planning logistics and promotion giveaways.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Attend departmental, planning, and team meetings as requested by Manager. Provide meeting notes to Manager and/or Team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress) while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of marketing/advertising is preferred.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Excellent Guest Service skills.
• Ability to meet daily deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• MS Office Suite – advanced.
• Casino player tracking software – preferred. Must be confident in database skills/knowledge.
• Adobe In-Design and Photoshop – intermediate or above skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests, management, and outside marketing agency.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be familiar with and able to operate computers, printers and comfortable with public speaking using a microphone.
• Detail orientated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
The Team member must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
The Team member is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You may be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described here in, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
• Obtain and maintain a License C with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: HR Dept
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223