Posting open 8/4/2020 thru 8/10/2020
Responsible for the preparation of all foods required during an assigned shift, ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operation is completed in accordance with the casino specifications and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino/Two Rivers Casino Employee Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards by providing excellent customer service.
• Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all food in the kitchen preparation in accordance with established recipes.
• Responsible for preparing sandwiches on short order or in quantities.
• Follows all recipes and control procedures.
• Performs as a team member with; Cooks, Dishwashers, Supervisors, Servers, Utility, and pertinent company employees in producing a smooth and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
• Assists in all areas of food production as needed.
• Must work with other shifts to keep items stocked for the next shift
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, customers and outside contacts.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
• Minimum one year previous cooking experience preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to be a team player
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• Must be able to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Ensure compliance with the Spokane Tribe’s Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance and any/all other applicable tribal codes, laws and/or ordinances.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the programs to address problem gambling.
• Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING LICENSE
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS WITH CHEWELAH CASINO ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR FAX: (509) 935- 6223