CHEWELAH CASINO JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Follows all recipes and control procedures.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of food preparation and quality are maintained at all times.
- Performs as a team member with Cooks, Dishwashers, Supervisors, Servers, Utility, and pertinent company team members in producing a smooth and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
- Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Stay up to date on current Casino promotions and events to inform guests.
- Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
- Minimum one year previous cooking experience preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must obtain a food handlers card within 30 days of employment and keep it current.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk and stand for long periods of time. The team member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The team member is occasionally exposed to extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the Spokane Tribe’s Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance and any/all other applicable tribal codes, laws and/or ordinances.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the programs to address problem gambling.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING LICENSE
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS WITH CHEWELAH CASINO ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR FAX: (509) 935- 6223