POSITION: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION OPENS: 10/1/2020
POSITION CLOSES: 10/18/2020
Serves as the principal advisor to the General Manager and Department managers on human resource issues. Develops and implements policies and documentation procedures. Manages and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and team member services by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
• Assures compliance of Spokane Tribal Law & Order Code, Spokane Tribal Gaming Agency, and applicable federal and state employment laws. Responsible for creating, updating, and enforcing policies.
• Must comply with the Chewelah Casino Team Member Handbook.
• Must be a champion for the casino’s guest service vision and SMILE standards.
• Provides leadership for, and direction of, HR staff for the hiring, development, and retention of all casino team members, and recommends budget to assure adequate resources are available to accomplish established objectives.
• Monitor and evaluate all reporting functions to ensure proper planning for short and long-term strategies, including budgeting, staffing, planning and goal setting.
• Establish and maintain department objectives, standards, procedures, and budget in accordance with company policy to ensure the proper management of department.
• Advise operating departments in matters including, but not limited to compensation and benefits, team member relations, team member development, casino culture and training.
• Consult with management on issues pertaining to policy execution and team member conduct to ensure the safeguarding and fulfillment of company values, vision, and mission according to established objectives.
• Oversees the strategic development of programs that provide motivation and job satisfaction, team member development, excellent guest service, and positive workplace environment.
• Responsible for providing training for gaps identified in knowledge, skills, abilities.
• Works with the General Manager and managers to support desired changes in behavior and achieve the goals set for training initiatives.
• Must be capable of compiling training material and presenting to individuals or groups of team members.
• Delegates and supervises specific training responsibilities to HR staff. Examples include orientation, handbook, and supervisor-level training.
• Communicate with fellow managers to maintain consistent procedures, guidelines, and practices; informs management of potential liabilities and problems.
• Maintain an open line of communication to identify and address team member and departmental concerns.
• Collaborates with other tribal businesses and programs to develop tribal members for jobs.
• Evaluate systems utilized by Human Resources department to ensure maximized efficiencies and results.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervises all Human Resources staff under his/her direction, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Manages responsibilities including benefits, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
• Speak in front of large audiences.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
• BA in Business Administration/related field or 6 years in Human Resources. Must have a minimum of three to five years progressive supervisory experience in human resources administration or equivalent supervisory experience.
• Thorough knowledge of all Tribal, State and Federal employment laws and regulations.
• Diverse and in-depth knowledge of the following areas of Human Resources: employment, training, compensation, benefits, and team member relations. Knowledge of and experience in risk management and labor relations helpful. Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills required.
• Expertise with MS office (e-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have the ability to create business correspondences, forms, reports, charts, and graphs.
• Excellent Guest Service skills.
• Ability to be a team player and motivate team members.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• Excellent administrative skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of the HR Manager are the ability to acquire and communicate information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
Primarily works in office environment but duties include all casino facilities where you may experience moderate noise.
Capable of working for extended periods of time at workstation performing tasks on computer and working with documents.
You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain an appropriate license with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission – the HR Manager position requires a Class C license.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST.
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING LICENSE
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS WITH CHEWELAH CASINO ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY @
1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 Ext 288 OR FAX: (509) 935- 6223