Full time Housekeeper
Salary: $13.50/hr plus tips
Opens 8/12/2020 Closes 8/18/2020
Responsible for attending to the cleaning and stocking needs of assigned areas of the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
• Dusts, sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuum, and clean assigned areas.
• Sweeps stairwells, parking lot, and other areas, and attends to other special projects, as requested.
• Cleans and power washes driveway entrance, as requested.
• Responsible for checking the parking lot and the entrance to the casino for any safety violations.
• Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture and window blinds as needed.
• Empties wastebaskets; empties and cleans ashtrays. Transports trash and dirty linens to designated areas.
• Assists in the minor maintenance in public areas, such as: changing light bulbs, unplugging toilets, etc., and reports problems that need further attention to the Facilities Manager, Facilities supervisor, or Shift Manager on duty.
• Re-stocks paper supplies, chemical supplies in bottles, and maintains washroom supplies.
• Stocks and maintains housekeeping storage rooms.
• Routinely inspects work areas, identifying potential problems or repair needs, and notifying the Facilities supervisor of maintenance to be scheduled.
• Responsible for staying up to date with current Casino promotions and events to communicate information to guests.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by attending regularly scheduled meetings.
• Ensure lost and found items are delivered to the security office.
• Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests and outside contacts.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
• High School diploma or (GED) preferred.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Excellent Guest Service skills.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to walk and sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The team member is frequently required to lift 10 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You may be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management