POSITION: Hotel Manager – new property hotel
PROPERTY: Chewelah Casino
REPORTS TO: General Manager
STATUS: Full Time – Exempt
RATE OF PAY: DOE/DOQ
OPENING DATE: March 17, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
The Spokane Tribe is seeking a qualified Hotel Manager to lead the daily operations of the hotel at its Chewelah Casino location. This position is accountable for excellence in operations, departmental leadership, and financial performance of the hotel. This is a new position to the property with the planned hotel to open with 70 rooms, continental breakfast, a casual lounge, conference space, and a family-friendly swimming pool. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of leadership and mentoring of subordinates, guest service skills, and financial acumen to drive strong financial performance for the Hotel.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the duties and responsibilities of the Hotel Manager:
• Ensures Chewelah Casino quality guest service and cheerful atmosphere are maintained in the department.
• Supervises departmental employees and schedules proper coverage for all shifts.
• Plans, coordinates, and directs all hotel operational functions in areas of responsibility, ensuring alignment with the strategic plan and vision of the property.
• Ensures the execution of best-in-class service and drives results through effective leadership and management.
• Interfaces with Team Members frequently and keeps open communication in order to ensure a cohesive, consistent workforce that understands and provides guest service at an exceptional level.
• Oversees and partners with management of assigned areas to ensure efficient and appropriate staffing, employee development and training, performance management, and policy enforcement.
• Responds appropriately to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents in a prompt and courteous manner. Follows-up on outstanding issues to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitors and supports the VIP and guest request processes as well as their respective recognition programs.
• Directs the delivery and measurement of guest services within assigned departments consistent with core service standards.
• Monitors all department standards of safety, cleanliness, and maintenance to ensure compliance. Works closely with Facilities & EVS to ensure housekeeping/laundry cleaning, sanitation, and presentation standards are met.
• Partners with leadership to coordinate and monitor progress of all major hotel projects.
• Prepares hotel annual budget. Monitor budget, inventory in all areas of responsibility, and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
• Assists with preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
• Actively monitors advance sales to prevent reservation conflicts. Monitors oversold dates to ensure maximization of room revenue. Analyzes rate variance, monitors credit reports and maintains close observation of daily house count. Monitors selling status of house daily.
• Develops and executes business plans that enhance quality and service and manage associated costs.
• Must have 5+ years working in a hotel in the capacity of supervisor or higher.
• Three years as a General Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Director of Sales in extended-stay hotels preferred.
• Tribal Preference is preferred but all qualified candidates will be considered.
• Experience working in a Hotel associated with a casino is preferred.
• Associates Degree in /Hotel Management, or a bachelor’s degree in a related field required, or a combination of education and experience that display knowledge and skills to perform successfully in the position.
• Must be willing and able to work all hours and shifts and assist in coverage where needed.
• Must have strong computer skills and experience with a hotel lodging management system.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, the Hotel Manager has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Employment is contingent on receiving and maintaining adequate licensing, including any required gaming license (Class A Gaming License issued by the Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission).
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Employee Handbook and ensure staff is following policies and procedures.
• Must adhere to our customer service standards by providing excellent customer service.
• Must interact with Guests and other Team Members in an upbeat and friendly manner.
• The Hotel Manager must be proactive and identify problems and solutions and commit to communicating with the General Manager.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Chewelah Casino.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Casino.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not encouraged or permitted to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco products.
• Refer to the Internal Control System and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Take the appropriate steps to report exceptions, fraud, acts of wrongdoing, and potential violations of regulations or internal controls to the appropriate levels of management.
• Uphold high standards of ethical behavior, demonstrate an understanding of the impacts of problem gambling, and have knowledge of the Casino’s programs to address problem gambling.
• Establish rules for promotions and events that conform to Casino policies and regulatory requirements.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Human Resources
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223