Chewelah Casino job announcement
Position: Guest Services Rep
Status : Part time
Salary: $13.50/hr plus tips
Posting opens: 9/10/2020
Posting closes: 9/20/2020
Performing excellent guest service is our number one goal at Chewelah Casino. The Guest Services Representative will be responsible for promoting the day to day membership of our Players Club and will work with the Guest Services Supervisor in meeting all casino promotion event goals. The Guest Services Representative will carry a professional and positive attitude with fellow team members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
• The representative must be proactive and identify problems, and solutions. Follow up with Guest Services Supervisor.
• Maintain a working knowledge of our database system to perform duties using the player tracking system.
• Ensure data entry is accurate and complete
• Prompt new guests to join the players club.
• Assist each guest through the membership process by explaining the benefits of becoming a club member.
• Responsible for keeping accurate and thorough departmental records and reports.
• Responsible for maintaining knowledge of all casino programs, promotions, special events and all elements of casino games to advise guests
• Make announcements to promote all marketing events, promotions and other announcements as needed according to Players Club Supervisors announcement schedule.
• Will assist Guest Services Supervisor and Marketing Manager with special projects as needed.
• Maintain a clean and clear workstation.
• Responsible for stocking promotional items, such as bungee cords, club cards and other items for promotional use.
• Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
• Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to work within a team.
• Must have basic computer knowledge for data entry.
• Must be able to operate printers, multi-line telephone and in-house microphone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
The team member is frequently required to lift 10 to 25 pounds.
The Team member is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You may be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License C with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING LICENSE
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS WITH CHEWELAH CASINO ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR FAX: (509) 935- 6223