Chewelah Casino Food & Beverage Cashier/Server-Full time
The Cashier/Server is responsible for providing fast, friendly, and courteous service while taking food and drink orders and serving guests. Monitor guest needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Team member Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Pleasantly takes orders and serve guests. Present checks to the guest, accept payments and gives change when necessary. Will be required to operate a till.
- Must learn the menu and garnishes that accompany each plate.
- Must check plates to ensure order is correct and complete prior to serving.
- Must keep items stocked at all times.
- Maintain beverage center.
- Maintain salad bar.
- Stay up to date on current Casino promotions and event to inform guests.
- Promote Casino promotions with all guests and prompt new guests to sign-up to our players club.
- Occasionally required to serve alcoholic beverages, assess guests, and follow serving protocol.
- Will be required to clean dining area during slow business hours. Must maintain a clean and orderly work station.
- Buss tables
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- High school diploma or (GED) preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Good math skills.
- Must obtain a food handlers card within 30 days of employment and keep it current.
- Must obtain a Class 12 servers permit within 30 days and keep it current.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time. The team member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member is frequently required to lift and carry up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223