VACANCY ANN#: STOI-21-223
TITLE: CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
SUPERVISOR: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: REGULAR/FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $23.00 – $28.00 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: OCTOBER 11, 2021
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Spokane Tribe of Indians is a great place to work! We offer competitive Benefits, matched 401K, & incentives that include; possible Commute Allowances, Flex Schedules, moving expenses, signing bonuses, and generous paid time off, with twenty-two paid holiday/wellness days off per year, plus Personal Time Off (PTO) accrual and cash-out ability!
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Behavioral Health Program is based on the Spokane Indian Reservation.
Our program offers a variety of services related to substance abuse prevention, intervention, treatment, aftercare, rehabilitation and follow-up. The primary emphasis of the program is to serve enrolled Spokane Tribal members and other Tribal members, or descendants. Our program is WA State Licensed to provide DUI Assessment and Level 1.0 Outpatient.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the Substance Abuse activities, including producing required reports and documents associated with groups. Duties include assessment, diagnosis of substance use disorders (SUD), facilitating placement when available, providing services for families and community, counseling services, developing treatment plans, support services, aftercare plans, and utilizing community supports and services.
• Under the direct supervision of the Behavioral Health Manager, will coordinate and provide substance use disorder services to include outpatient treatment, and aftercare support for clientele.
• Responsible for completing assessments, treatment plans, group counseling, discharge planning, and some case management.
• Ensures Spokane Tribe of Indians Substance Abuse Policies and Procedures, Spokane Tribe of Indians Policy and Procedures; and the Department of Health & Human Services Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
• Ensures all reporting requirements applicable to the position are followed.
• This position is part of STOI’s essential services and will continue to provide services during Tribal emergencies unless otherwise directed.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of current treatment prevention, aftercare therapy regarding substance use disorders as defined in the DSM 5.
• Ability to compose letters, reports, gather and analyze data and to speak effectively in public.
• Ability to evaluate, assess, and develop a treatment plan SUD clientele.
• Knowledge of Dual Diagnosis, referral and treatment.
• Ability to serve a diverse population and present complex information in an understandable and meaningful way.
• Ability to evaluate, assess, and develop a treatment plan for clientele who present a variety of legal, personal, and other problems related to substance use disorders.
• Coordination of substance use disorder services, to include referrals, staffing, court reporting, and related duties.
• Must maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle
• Must maintain a violence free lifestyle
• An Associate Degree with experience in Social Services, or courses in Addictions Studies and/or Social Services will be considered
• Must have an active an unrestricted Washington State Chemical Dependency Professional Certification, or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee Certification
• If a CDPT, must have your first 50 hours of direct supervision experience in a Washington State certified agency.
• Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record and be eligible for Tribal Insurance.
• Must maintain License/Certification status while employed.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Melissa Moses
(509) 458-6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax # (509) 658-6556
Or down load: www.spokanetribe.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 P.M. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation Period