CHEWELAH CASINO MARKETING MANAGER
STATUS: FULL TIME
POSTING OPENS: 8/25/2020
POSTING CLOSES: 9/9/2020
The Marketing Manager is responsible for coordinating, implementing, creating, and managing marketing, advertising, player development, and entertainment programs and events that uphold the corporate image and property identity. The Marketing Manager will develop and manage the department budget process and work in tandem with the marketing agency of record to build an overall strategic platform for the brand. The position is also responsible for overseeing all local and regional advertising campaigns, promotions, and public relations efforts. Must have strong leadership and management abilities, be self-motivated and a team-player.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
• Work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal in a professional and positive manner.
• Ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Team Member Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members. Monitors team members within the Marketing Department to ensure the SMILE service standards and Core Values are being performed.
• Participates in the development and adherence to monthly and annual departmental budgets.
• Participates in monthly forecasting and updates of departmental expenses.
• Maintains and directs the marketing team to execute tactical marketing plans to fulfill the Casino’s business strategies including Player Development, Comp Program, Entertainment, Promotions, Advertising, Social Media, Reputation Management, Community Relations, Data Analytics.
• Maintains in-house and external promotions, player loyalty programs, events, and advertising logistics.
• Leads partnerships with marketing agency to design, develop, and deploy media and advertising campaigns.
• Track and analyze marketing database systems to monitor marketing activities, utilization, market saturation, event/promotion successes, and ROI of all promotions, events, and media to forecast future performance, adjusting plans to secure desired results as needed.
• Directs research efforts, both qualitative and quantitative, and analyzes results to create and/or adjust programs to effectively drive marketing success.
• Oversees pro and post analysis reports of marketing events and promotions.
• Oversees maintenance of digital and social media presence and activities to educate and engage guests with Casino promotions and events.
• Demonstrates positive communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with guests, (internal and external) at all times.
• Establishes and manages player development, comp, and retention programs.
• Conduct 1 on 1’s meetings with team members.
• Monitor and coach as needed regarding performance and attendance.
• Maintains appropriate staffing levels by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, assisting with career development, promoting, coaching, and terminating team members, as needed.
• Updates Internal Control policies and procedures.
• Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
• Facilitates the flow of information by presiding over regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress) while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
• Commit to coaching, teaching, and developing team members.
• Must be willing and able to meet deadlines and assure adequate coverage for drawings and special events.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Management; or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a casino marketing/advertising management role.
• Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills and a working knowledge of advanced marketing principles.
• Ability to meet timelines and is detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
• Proficient in office practices and use of computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe In-Design and Photoshop.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests, management, and marketing agency.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
• Ability to resolve guest inquiries and complaints and communicate effectively with co-workers and guests in a timely and professional manner per the General Manager’s direction.
WORK ENVIRONEMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
The team member is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You may be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License C with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team members department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: HR Dept
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223