Planning and Economic Development Update – 10/22
PEDD Monthly Update – October 2022
• Worked with The Moccasin Express on submitting the WSDOT Consolidated Grant Program application to purchase two replacement buses, as well as maintenance fees. This was submitted 10/26/22.
• Worked with SIHA on submitting the HUD ICDBG application to fund in-fill housing projects within current SIHA housing developments. This was submitted 10/24/22.
• Completed the asbestos survey, asbestos abatement, and demolition and cleanup of the Knoll House located behind the Transit Garage. This site will be the location of the future Domestic Violence modular/office. Installation/construction will take place in spring 2023.
• Preplanning meetings are occurring monthly with the City of Spokane’s Park & Rec Department to bring the Tribe’s presence back to Snwxmene Island (Salmon People Island), located in Riverfront Park.
• Worked with Sister Sky, Inc. on providing a STOI hosted Empowerment Workshop at the Tribal Admin Building on 10/18 & 10/19.
• Completed the Socioeconomic Profile (SEP) update and Sustainability Indicators. These updates will provide further context to update the Sustainable Community Master Plan (SCMP).
• PEDD hosted the Director of WA State Department of Commerce, Lisa Brown, and staff to the SIR for a site visit and to get on-the-group updates from staff on various projects.
• PEDD hosted our state EDR and other EDA staff for a SIR site visit as well as a Chewelah property site visit.
PEDD Vision: Honoring our Past and Preserving the Future of the Spokane Tribe of Indians by ensuring that all lands within the jurisdiction of the Tribe are preserved, protected, and enhanced through best land use policy, long-range planning to achieve sustainable community development, infrastructure development, economic development, and safe & adequate transportation planning.