POSITION: CAGE CASHIER/GUEST SERVICES REP
STATUS: FULL TIME
SALARY: $13.50 PLUS TIPS
POSTING OPENS: 10/5/2020
POSTING CLOSES: 10/11/2020
Responsible in assisting customers with transactions and for balancing your bank drawers within the Cage Department. Maintain accuracy throughout all phases of the balancing process. Will be responsible for promoting membership of our Players Club (Sun Club). Will assist customers with their promotional coupons, Sun Club cards and answer questions regarding casino promotions. May be required to perform the bill acceptor drop functions and/or soft count functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
• Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
• Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
• Must adhere to the Chewelah Casino Employee Handbook.
• Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent customer service at all times. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with customers as well as fellow team members.
• Accurately counting and balancing of cashier bank. Maintain cashier drawer transaction records and prepare daily cash inventory form.
• Redemption of video gaming tickets, gaming chips and coupons.
• Maintain imprest bank balance through buy/sell from the vault.
• Cashes personal checks for currency.
• Redeems foreign currency, computing accurate exchange rates for the various currencies received.
• Assist in maintaining cage floor security by notifying department supervisors, security and surveillance of suspicious activity.
• Assists other Cashiers within the Cage, as needed.
• Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled meetings.
• Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records, reports and Confidentiality.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
• Must be proactive and identify problems, and solutions. Follow up with Cage Supervisor or Cage Manager.
• Maintain a working knowledge of our database system to perform duties with the promotional tracking system.
• Responsible for staying up to date with current Casino promotions and events.
• Promote Casino promotions and events with all customers and prompt new customers to sign onto our players club.
• Assist each customer through the membership process by inputting customer data into promotional tracking system.
• Responsible for keeping accurate and thorough departmental records and reports.
• Will assist Cage Supervisor and Cage Manager with special projects as needed.
• Maintain a clean and clear workstation.
• Responsible for stocking promotional items, such as bungee cords, club cards and other items for promotional use. Inform Manager when items run low.
• Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends and special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, customers and outside contacts.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
• High School diploma or (GED) preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effective communications skills.
• Must be extremely numbers oriented.
• Must have basic computer knowledge for data entry.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift 10 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You will be subject to secondhand smoke when in the casino environment.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Obtain and maintain a License B with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE CHEWELAH CASINO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CHEWELAH CASINO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Cindy Hundley
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223