VACANCY ANN#: STOI-21-132
POSITION: CARPENTER TENDER/APPRENTICE
SUPERVISOR: LEAD CARPENTER
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: REGULAR/FULL TIME
RATE OF PAY: $18.00 to 20.89/ PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: MARCH 31, 2021
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 8, 2021
This is an entry-level position. Our goal is to help Elders stay in their homes with the minimal funds provided. The Spokane Tribal TERO Department is currently seeking a person interested in learning the carpentry trade and minor home repair skills while completing Elder Projects as outlined by the TERO Director. A number of these projects will be to rectify and/or prevent health and safety issues for our Elders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lay out a framing plan.
• Be involved with selecting building materials.
• Works with subcontractors, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and coordinates work schedules.
• Installs doors, windows, builds stairs, and a variety of floor materials.
• Installs sheet vinyl, VCT tiles, and other floor finishes.
• Installs siding, roofing, and other exterior finish work.
• Works with concrete forms, floor framing, wall framing, setting trusses, and other framing.
• Minor home urgent need repairs such as leaking faucets, pipes or toilets, door knob replacement, window replacement, laundry room hook up and repairs and more.
• Be willing to work under an arduous work load.
• Other duties as assigned, compatible to this job description.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of construction industry;
• Knowledge of product and material of existing structures and proposed buildings;
• Skills in operating power tools and equipment, and the ability operate them safely;
• Ability to work irregular hours if needed;
• Ability to work with elders, Tribal staff, vendors and the general public.
• Ability to work in diverse weather conditions.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions
• Knowledge of power tools
• Ability to read a tape measure accurately
• Must demonstrate some basic carpenter or construction skills
• Must be in good health and demonstrate reliable job performance and attendance
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Basic knowledge of carpentry and minor home repairs
• Must be able to pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must be able to physically perform the job duties, including bending, lifting, climbing, etc.
• Must be willing and able to work in inclement weather conditions.
Applications Are Available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6529, Fax (509) 458-6556
All Applications Must Be Received in the HR Department No Later
Than 4:30pm on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation