Spokane Tribe Education Department mission statement:
The Spokane Tribe's general mission is to protect and maintain culture, values, and resources, for the present generation and generations yet unborn, by encouraging Spokane Tribal members to further their education.
Spokane Tribe Education Department objectives:
To support the Spokane Tribe's commitment to education, the Tribe's objectives in regard to education is to provide financial assistance and student services to eligible Spokane Tribal Members who wish to further their education by attending institutions of higher learning or vocational training, and to acknowledge college level students based on academic achievement.
The Spokane Tribe Education Department consists of the Higher Education, Adult Vocational Training, General Education Development (GED), and Johnson O'Malley (JOM) Programs.
Please contact the local school district in regard to K-12th grade information as the local school district is separate from the Spokane Tribe Education Department and is not a Tribal Program.
For Youth Services specific to employment and training, please check spokanetribe.com for an overview of Spokane Tribal Programs or stoi-tanf.com for information regarding Youth Employment and Training as the STOI Education Department does not oversee Youth and Adult E&T.
Programs within the Spokane Tribe Education Department: (you will need to click the link to get to the page)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions when applying 2018-2019 School Year
- Frequently Asked Questions 2018-2019 School Year, Higher Ed
- Frequently Asked Questions 2018-2019 School Year, AVT
Fliers & Student Information
- AVT Flyer
- Book Reimbursement, Registration, and Final Grades Higher Ed & some Long-Term AVT Students
- Book reimbursement & Progress Reports (AVT)
- Financial Aid FAQ's
Policies & Procedures
- Policies & Procedures pg 1-12, no signature page
- Signature page ONLY
- Policies & Procedures pg 1-12 + Signature/Acknowledgement Page
Information & Applications 2018-2019 SY
**STOP!!!! There are different applications for Higher Education (2 year and 4 year Associates & Bachelors Degree) and Adult Vocational Training (Technical schools that offer certificates or diplomas) applications this year. Please fill out the appropriate application. If you are not sure please contact the Spokane Tribe Education Department for clarification.**
For BOTH, Fall 2018 Priority Open & Close Dates are:
Open Date: February 15th, 2018
Close Date (Deadline): May 15th, 2018 no later than 4:30 p.m.
Higher Education 2018-2019 SY
- Higher Education Information 2018-2019 SY
- Higher Education Application 2018-2019 SY
- Higher Education Info + App 2018-2019 SY
Adult Vocational Training (Technical Schools)
- I think I want to go to College Checklist Not sure what you need to do? Click here!
- New Student-Entering Freshman student Checklist 2018-2019 SY
- Continuing-Returning student Checklist 2018-2019 SY(students who are renewing app = continuing)
- Adult Vocational Training (AVT) Checklist 2018-2019 SY
Release of Information (ROI)
This form differs from ROI enclosed in Higher Education/AVT application. This ROI allows us to release information about your higher education application to individuals listed such as a parent or a family member. Regardless of students age, we cannot release information to the parent without this consensual form signed by both the parent and listed individuals. Please find the ROI document here
- Cobell Scholarship
- Act 6 Entering Freshman to Whitworth or Gonzaga Universities
- American Indian Graduate Center
- American Indian College Fund
- Eastern Washington University- Scholarships
- Washington State MOU Tribal Scholarship
- Tribal Excellence Scholarship- University of Idaho
- & more!
- Spokane Community College
- Spokane Falls Community College
- Washington State University
- Eastern Washington University
- Whitworth University
- University of Washington
- Western Washington University
- List of colleges in WA State
- Spokane Tribal College
- Lewis-Clark State College
- University of Idaho
- Haskell Indian Nations University
- Evergreen State College, masters in Public Admin
- & more!
Other- Internships/Native Information
- Summer Program at Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota
- Avista Student Employment
- University of Idaho HOIST Summer 2018
- Gathering of the Nations Pow Wow
- Indian Country News
- US Department of Education
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- College Resources for Minority Students
Education Program Manager
PO BOX 358 - Wellpinit, WA 99404
Office: 509 458 8005
PO Box 358 - Wellpinit, WA 99404
Office hours 8:00 a.m. - 4: 30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
*Tribal & Federal holidays we will also be closed for. Early closures due to road conditions, weather, etc., that the Tribe closes for we will also be closed for*.
Please do not submit personal information to the Facebook page. This is merely meant for dates and deadlines and scholarship information not to inquire about application, status, etc.
Page updated as of February 14, 2018.