HR is here to help the Spokane Tribe of Indians function. Part of our duties include hiring – finding the best candidate for the position.
First, it’s important to state that HR is obligated to interview those who meet minimum qualifications in order of preference (depending on funding source of the position). This means that we can only take into consideration what you submit to HR to be considered. We cannot fill in any blanks nor can we assume anything.
The most common reason people are screened out is due to an incomplete application and/or not submitting all necessary paperwork that identifies the entire spectrum of your work history.
Here’s some tips to assist in your quest to become a successful candidate:
- Completely fill out your job application: Don’t leave any blanks. List dates, months, contact information, or duties. Be thorough!
- Make sure you complete the correct application for the corresponding entity in which you intend to apply.
- Each job announcement has a section titled “Minimum Qualifications”. The hiring manager and an HR Representative compare the application, resume, and cover letter of each applicant to what is listed as Minimum Qualifications in the job announcement. It is important to be thorough in your documents.
- We encourage you to submit a cover letter. The purpose of a cover letter is to sell yourself. It gives you a chance to specifically identify how you meet the minimum qualifications.
- It’s good practice to submit a resume. There is limited space on the application to identify all relevant work history. Be sure to identify your duties fully in your resume and on your application.
- Tailor your resume toward the job you are applying for. We encourage you to submit your best resume that fits the job you are applying for.
- There are many resume styles you can research. Pick the best style that fits you.
- Whatever way you choose to draft your resume, just be sure it is thorough by covering dates, duties, job titles, etc.
Remember – Submit a complete application, resume, and a cover letter. A well written cover letter will summarize how you meet the minimum requirements and how you are an excellent candidate for a position. A resume will provide you more space to display your work history and all pertinent job duties that you were tasked with that may relate to the position.
On behalf of the Human Resources Department, we wish you the best of luck!
- Spokane Tribe of Indians Employment Application
- Chewelah Casino Application
- Summer Youth 2019 Application
Spokane Tribal Enterprises Employment Infomation
As a means to streamline our talent acquisition processes, Spokane Tribal Enterprises (STE) has transitioned from manual paper employment application processes to online employment applications!
To view our career opportunities click here or the link below and if you are interested in joining one of our dynamic teams, all you have to do is click on the apply button. The ease of keyboard strokes and mouse clicks - no more paper applications!
Local Correction Officer positions are available now. Please visit www.usajobs.gov and type BIA Corrections Officer, Wellpinit, WA for a list of current openings and directions how to apply.