|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-112|
|Supervisor||LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN|
|Rate of Pay||$14.00 - $15.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JUNE 4, 2018|
|Closing Date||JUNE 18, 2018|
SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and operations of the Spokane Tribe’s facilities, plants, and grounds. These activities involve maintaining the facilities, plants, and grounds in a safe, orderly, clean, and visually appealing manner in support of the various organizational activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the maintenance staff with projects (i.e. completing specific tasks, transporting and/or securing materials etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and/or Work Orders in a safe efficient manner.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (i.e. carpentry, painting, plumbing etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and/or Work Orders within established time frames.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and reports any safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Perform minor repairs to interior, exterior at all included Tribal facilities.
- Coordinates with other skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and/or work orders efficiently.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at the job site.
- Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working environment and/or condition.
- Perform maintenance work on the Tribal facilities including: carpentry repairs, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing repairs, minor HVAC repairs, and other repairs as needed.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities for the purpose of completing projects, tasks and/or Work Orders within established time frames.
- HVAC monitoring for all assigned facilities and reporting problems to the supervisor.
- Responsible for Grounds maintenance including: mowing lawns, pruning trees and shrubs, general cleaning and other grounds keeping and/or landscape duties.
- Perform regular Preventative Maintenance on the assigned Tribal facilities as needed and/or scheduled or directed.
- Repair, assemble and/or move furniture, appliances, cabinets, shelves, or other building appurtenances.
- Operate various electric, motorized, pneumatic, hand held and/or battery powered tools and equipment.
- Snow removal, deicing, plowing at or near the assigned Tribal facilities or as directed.
- Maintains assigned vehicles, tools, work facilities, and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in a safe operating condition and for optimal performance.
- Prepares and maintains written materials (i.e. Activity logs, Work Orders, Inspection reports, Time reports, Schedules etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Comply with and follow all safety procedures and/or standards and the Spokane Tribe’s Policies and Procedures while on duty.
- Attend all meetings, trainings, conferences, seminars as required.
- Must carry and operate a portable Two-way Radio at all times to maintain constant communication with Department Staff, Spokane Tribe’s Staff and/or other Departments, Government Agencies, and others as needed,
- Assist other Tribal Departments and government/state agencies or other organizations when requested or needed.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving safety concerns as needed or directed.
- Perform other job and site related duties as needed or directed.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and have a good driving record for Tribal insurance purposes
- Must have basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry experience.
- Must be able to do landscape work and maintain schedules.
- Must have basic knowledge of power tools and power equipment.
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
- Ability to work independently
- Requires kneeling, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Tribal, State and Federal background checks are required
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
Or can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants may be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period