DATA ENTRY/OFFICE ASSISTANT, 2 POSITIONS
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-091|
|Title||DATA ENTRY/OFFICE ASSISTANT, 2 POSITIONS|
|Supervisor||YOUTH PROGRAM MANAGER, LEAD YOUTH COORDINATOR|
|Department||477/TANF - YOUTH PROGRAM|
|Location||WELLPINIT, AND SPOKANE 477/TANF|
|Status||REGULAR FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$13.00 - $15.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||MAY 11, 2018|
|Closing Date||MAY 18, 2018|
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Tribal 477 Program is to promote and support Tribal Youth and their families in reaching their full potential in becoming healthy, productive and self-sufficient. This will be offered in a way that protects and benefits the Tribal children, respects and preserves their culture, values and traditions, gives families access as well as input into the full range of programs and services to promote their self-esteem, independence and self-sufficiency.
The Data Entry / Office Assistant’s main responsibility will be to enter applications, work projects, case notes or other pertinent information into the Tribal Assistant Software (TAS). This position will also assist in other administrative office duties for their designated centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept/review applications, collect necessary documents to complete youth files for those applying to the Youth Programs, Summer Youth Programs, and external activities as needed
- Assure all youth have complete files and collect necessary documents as needed
- Transferring of data from paper format into computer files / database through the use of computers, scanners, fax or printing machines and etc.
- Assure files and data are current for all youth, request and update information as needed
- Work with Youth Program Staff on activity planning
- Responsible for required activity reports, activity proposals, activity requests
- Work with staff on verifying and entering support services and incentive distributions into TAS; assure all required documentation is completed for issuance
- Request purchase orders, voucher requests, and other operational needs for Youth Programs
- Creation of spreadsheets or other documents as requested
- Running, printing, filing and distribution of TAS reports to the appropriate channels
- Assist with the organization and filing of highly confidential documents
- Assist with the review of program files for auditing and quality control purposes
- Responsible for maintaining paperwork in accordance to established guidelines
- Performs other work related activities and duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer applications, copiers, fax, projectors, etc.
- Ability to be flexible and capable of working in rapid changing environments
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and at times as a team member
- Ability to follow directions in all formats
- Ability to practice confidentiality, tact, courtesy and discretion
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must have experience working with computers, printers, scanners and software programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel and etc.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must have previous experience working with Native American clientele and understand cultural needs
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be tribally insurable
- Must be able to successfully clear a criminal background inquiry
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resources Department
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later
than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its
Indian Preference Policy.
All applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test.
All positions with the tribe are subject to a 90-day orientation period.